67bird

67bird's toy box

Posted (edited)

Thanks for letting me hang out here. I have been a carver fan since I heard my first M500t and pair of Amazing back in 1990. I purchased an M500t and have been addicted since. 

As some of you already know from the post Hashy's Bench I have 5 M500t's now. 4 of them are in my home theater and 1 is spare in my 2 channel room.

Here is a pic of my 2 channel room with my silver 7t's and my Carver speakers. I only run one pair at a time. They both have different characteristics and sensitivity. They are amazing in their own way. 

The CD player is a Carver SD-490t I bought last year. I love the analog non harsh  dynamics of the player. I also play vinyl on an older ADC Accutrac 4000 turntable. 

I use a Sunfire theater grandII I retired from the home theater as my preamp. I do have an old C4000 and CT17 in the rack but don't use them at the moment.

Carver1.jpg

Here is the rack...

Carver2.jpg

Edited by 67bird
  • That Rocks 7
  • Love this! 3

WELCOME 67bird!   |-|

Love the pics...NICE equipment you have there!

If you  have not already done so, you might want to think about upgrading the tubes

in your SD/A 490t CD player. I would highly recommend early 1960's Bugle Boys.

Yep...I'm being an enabler, but you already have the OCCD!:asm:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Dennis47 said:

WELCOME 67bird!   |-|

Love the pics...NICE equipment you have there!

If you  have not already done so, you might want to think about upgrading the tubes

in your SD/A 490t CD player. I would highly recommend early 1960's Bugle Boys.

Yep...I'm being an enabler, but you already have the OCCD!:asm:

I was reading up on the tube upgrades. Never tried it so I'm a bit nervous cracking it open. I'll try if I can't do any damage!

Thanks!

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

Great looking equipment you have going on there !!

Thanks for sharing the pics - we all enjoy seeing other peoples gear.

What's the deal with the phone - does it have a screen attached ??

It's my work phone... I keep it out of the way. It's a Cisco IP video phone. My day job is program director of the network engineering team. 

15 hours ago, oldtexasdog said:

Great looking stack! Looks like you play guitar?

I attempt... I have a small collection of electric guitars. I'll post a pic of them later this week. 

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

2 hours ago, Nahash5150 said:

Networks....Noooooooo....

I worked in IT I'll never go back.

Lucky @#$%!  Glad you finally escaped with some sanity intact.  @67bird you have my sympathy with that phone - way too close to my world for comfort.  😉

Definitely put up some pics of your guitars  - I consider myself a 40+ year beginner, so no worries about the skills, as long as you enjoy it.

Nice stack! The Sunfire TGPII is an underrated preamp.....I have one and love it.

And yeah it's time to treat your ears better by breaking into that 490t and rolling some tubes.....it's so easy even I can do it. 

Posted (edited)

The Darth Vader Look: Tall, dark, & sinister... but we like it!

Edited by dcl
Vader speaks

22 hours ago, Nahash5150 said:

Networks....Noooooooo....

I worked in IT I'll never go back.

I just turned 49 in Nov. and last year my wife and I decided the stress hit it's peak so we are planning for an early retirement. Unfortunately that meant I had to start to let go of my toys... Not audio though! Last year I sold my 2002 supercharged Corvette convertible and my 1966 cobra 427 kit car. We hadn't driven them in over a year so no need to store them. Next to go is my Harley's this spring. Financial freedom is more relaxing than the toys. 

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 3

1 hour ago, 67bird said:

I just turned 49 in Nov. and last year my wife and I decided the stress hit it's peak so we are planning for an early retirement. Unfortunately that meant I had to start to let go of my toys... Not audio though! Last year I sold my 2002 supercharged Corvette convertible and my 1966 cobra 427 kit car. We hadn't driven them in over a year so no need to store them. Next to go is my Harley's this spring. Financial freedom is more relaxing than the toys. 

You got that right. Family and friends are what make life worth living.

• Love this! 2

I envy the both of you 67Bird and Nahash5150, but I'm really glad to see you escaping from the crazy stress.  I theoretically have 7 years of the asylum left, but we'll see how much longer I last before I get locked in the padded cell.  Keep your family and friends close and in your hears - it's more important than you know.

• Thank You 2

10 hours ago, 67bird said:

[…]

my 1966 cobra 427 kit car.

[…] 

Sadness..., was it a Factory Five Racing kit? 

You have to post pics over in the "Jalopnik" thread in WayOffScale (search for Jalopnik…, there are other "car stories" there on this forum.)

I've always wanted to build one of those Shelby Cobra Kits from FactoryFive…  That dream has slipped away..., sadly. 

Stickers