67bird

67bird's toy box

On 1/9/2019 at 7:57 AM, AndrewJohn said:

Sadness..., was it a Factory Five Racing kit? 

I've always wanted to build one of those Shelby Cobra Kits from FactoryFive…  That dream has slipped away..., sadly. 

No it was another kit name escapes me... The car was a bucket list car and I was lucky enough to own it. My wife called it the death trap. What could go wrong? Big block ford basically on your lap, no PS, no PB, fiberglass, 4 inches from sitting on the ground and one roll bar. It weighted so little. The 5 point racing harness was only there so they could recover my body if I was in an accident.

cobra1 .jpg

• Love this! 1

Wow, that was a nice toy!  At least you did have the bar, but you (or perhaps your wife) was probably right - not a good candidate for longevity, but what a way to go.

At least you gave it up for a good reason, but I feel your pain.

8 hours ago, 67bird said:

No it was another kit name escapes me... The car was a bucket list car and I was lucky enough to own it. My wife called it the death trap. What could go wrong? Big block ford basically on your lap, no PS, no PB, fiberglass, 4 inches from sitting on the ground and one roll bar. It weighted so little. The 5 point racing harness was only there so they could recover my body if I was in an accident.

cobra1 .jpg

I'm crying inside.  That is beautiful.  Nothing better than a sub-2000lb vehicle with Big Block power, that looks like that.  You really feel the road.

For those inclined, check out This LINK.  Perfection, and power steering!!

Stickers