Sign in to follow this  
Zenith4me

Seattle Area Karma - Tube Radios

Hello all,

I'm moving soon and have lots of tube radios that I'd like to give to a Carver site member in the Seattle area.

Many of these are just parts radios (cracked cases, missing parts, or just the chassis) but quite a few are complete. Some have tubes and some don't. Included in these radios are two Zenith consoles. 

My garage is pretty crowded preparing for my move but I'll take the best pics I can if anyone in the Seattle area is interested. 

You must take them all...no cherry picking.

Carter

Edited by Zenith4me
  • Thank You 7
  • That Rocks 1

If I lived near Seattle, I would take them.......

Thanks for offering them up

😀

Edited by Dadvw

1 hour ago, fxbill said:

My daughter and friend live in Seattle. I'd love to see some photos if possible!

Thanks for posting.

I will take some pics soon.

I've got family over today so it will likely be tomorrow.

There is a lot more but the garage is kind of a mess preparing for my move. There are also some boxes of parts.

Carter

Zenith Consoles.jpeg

Karma.jpeg

Karma_2.jpeg

Edited by Zenith4me
  • Thank You 3

Everyone needs to restore an old radio, at least once. 

I'm in the middle of a restore now - Garod from my Grandfather,

He was a German immigrant who came over to escape oppression in 1904.  I have memories of his stories listening to "the fights" and Radio Europe, to stay in touch with the news of the time affecting his brothers back in Germany.  Tough stories, some of them.

This was high-tech entertainment of the time - way cool.

• Thank You 2

Stickers

3 hours ago, AndrewJohn said:

Everyone needs to restore an old radio, at least once.

This was high-tech entertainment of the time - way cool.

I couldn't agree more.

I owned an antique store in San Diego but was never really into vintage tube radios. I didn't know enough about them to make the investment to offer them for sale. Then someone came in to sell some tube radios and we struck a deal. I've been hooked ever since and that was over thirty years ago. I met some experienced vintage radio collectors that helped me out tremendously related to repair and restoration. I really enjoy the 1930-40 Zenith radios as can be evidenced by my userid of Zenith4me.

Anyway, I hope I can find someone that can take these radios off my hands and enjoy the journey of restoring them and learning something new. 

Now, out to my garage that is overflowing with moving boxes so I can attempt to take some enticing pics of the gear I'll be giving away.

Carter

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

Sign in to follow this