Morn'n

Taking a break while looking around here. My Carver CT-7 going through the M1.5t to supply from (whatever in the mood for listening)  Akai 10" Reel to Reel ,  B&O RX 2,  NAD 5240, Yamaha CDC  655 along with several DBX pieces all going through a pair of Belle's to my ears. So as time moves on I will have questions on equipment.

• Thank You 8
  • That Rocks 3

Welcome to the world of Carver!  I see you have a start on the road to OCCD!

lots of great info and people here at the Carversite!  Enjoy your stay!  Before others ask, we LOVE photos!

barryg

• Thank You 1

Hello Pat O, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.  Belles are my favorite Klipsch speakers. Someday, I'll have a pair of them (or more) in my home theater. I think they're beautiful, and there are some other Klipsch fans here too.  

Once you get the needed permissions, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

So kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif.d2caeed42cb7cdf6011b96919c2e7170.gif

• Thank You 2

Thank you people for the welcome and hopefully by the  time that I reach the level to post pix I will have them taken. I need to clean the pieces before wiring them up again, Everything was unplugged and separated prior to work in the house. There is dust and dirt kicked up as well as drywall dust that is in everything. I will wiping down the cases and using compressed air to "dust"  circuits if this is  acceptable or do I need to use a safer way for the equipment?

• Thank You 2

Welcome, Pat O., the canned aerosol  "dusters" should not get you into any trouble–the techs here will correct me if I am in error–used at a distance that dislodges debris with minimum but sufficient force. Search with keyword cleaning will bring up some guides with pictures. The contacts for push button switches & rotary dial pots may need cleaning; DeOxit is popular.   Welcome.!

• Thank You 2

Welcome.jpg

Welcome Pat O, from another relative newcomer.  You have a nice system by the looks of it.  You'll find the folks, here to be very friendly, and more than willing to help with any questions you can come up with.

• Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't finished all the pieces yet. The CT-7, M1.5t , Nad and the Belles are complete!(listening now) I did start slow and let the pieces warm up and listened to a few cd's. So far the music sounds precise .  G&R, Mannheim Steamroller and Dire Straits. 

• Thank You 2

I ran into a couple issues. When I am close to the speakers I hear a very light noise(static to a buzz) from either tweeter or midrange. When your more 2 feet away I do not pick it up and when turning up the volume I do not pick it up at all. Now I also heard very high pitch during shut down and my guess will be the amp( my thought).  Do my descriptions make sense and how expensive will it be to repair?