Sign in to follow this  
avguytx

Why are some threads/areas painfully slow to scroll through..

I've been gone for awhile but do like the new layout but one thing I've noticed today is that it is painfully slow to navigate/scroll through some threads but not on the main page.  I was trying to send someone a PM a little bit ago and it took forever.  Every time I would scroll a little, it took it some time to catch up.  But it doesn't do it on everything...mainly into some threads.  This is being done from an i7 Quad Dell desktop with 8gb RAM and SSD so it's not a slouch machine.  It's not happening on other sites....just here.

Anyone else experience this?

I would guess it has more to do with the ISP connection than the site or your PC - I have not had any issues scrolling any sections of the site.

Give me a particular section to look at ?

Stickers

I find that things scroll fast and smooth with my Win 10 desk top using either Chrome or Edge. 

It can be a bit sluggish with my Kindle or Android phone, but no slower than would be caused by the wireless connection. 

Posted (edited)

Interesting.  

And at the moment, this thread scrolls just fine.  It was earlier when I was exploring and reading some thing then posted a WTB here as I'd messaged Dennis on another forum about my search.  But it doesn't do it in every thread.  I did reboot my PC just to see.   Who knows.  I deal with odd issues every day being the Network Administrator for the city where I live.  

Now I will have to say, I am doing a remote session from my work PC to my home desktop to browse the forums while I'm at work.  But none of the others experience the drag.  I also noticed that this site is powered by Invision which is what the Klipsch forum uses, too.  So, I changed the  theme from the black background to the default and it appears that may have taken care of the problem.  Could be the amount of video processing it had to do over an RDP session even with us being on a 500mb fiber connection here to my 100mb home connection.  Changing to the white background might have taken care of it.

Oh, and why does my content have to be approved by a moderator?  Is it because of post count?  I must have lost a bunch of it with the changeover.  lol

Edit....I see why now.  :D

Edited by avguytx