RichP714

The Science That Proves Vegans Have Better Sex?

3 hours ago, RichP714 said:

James Cameron Says Men Should Eat Vegan to Get Better Boners

There are various ways to take that line....   :-$

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go do my best to help with population control ... where'd I put that steak and bacon...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

There are various ways to take that line....   :-$

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go do my best to help with population control ... where'd I put that steak and bacon...

Yeah me too.  Started a few years back.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MLB111 said:

Yeah me too.  Started a few years back.

My parents played around with vegetarian diet for about 2 years when I was a kid; it wasn't fantastic or horrible, but I had been of the opinion (shared by Maynard) that being able to cook and eat meat gave us big brains; it was an evolutionary advantage.

With this in mind, I was, for example, confused when my daughter and her fiance decided to become vegans.  Another millennial thing I didn't understand?

AS it turns out, and remembering that  a human's ability to duplicate its cells (not epithelial cells, which are produced and reproduced several thousand times) stops after about 50 duplications.

After that, these 'zombie' cells, no longer able to be replaced, start to work inefficiently, produce more toxins while doing their job and otherwise start the long slow demise of the host.  This puts a human's immnune system in a constant state of low-level activation, which contributes to aging and death.

Thus, a human's life span is currently only increased by slowing down the dying process, not extending the living process.

The reduction of inflammation therefore becomes paramount in trying to settle one's immune system.

And one thing that promotes inflammation is the ingestion of meat.

Life's funny like that

I think these guys would argue that some types of meat are better than sex 🤣:

OH, an interesting thing about bone marrow.  Paleontologists have theorized that the reason humans evolved away from the other primates is because the earliest pre-humans learned to break open the bones of animals killed/eaten by tigers/lions/etc and get a free meal high in energy. This led to development of tools and the growth of larger brains because food was not as scarce.  So much for humans being non-meat eating!

Edited by Honey Badger

1 hour ago, Honey Badger said:

I think these guys would argue that some types of meat are better than sex 🤣:

Hmmm, any bets on whether they've ever had sex?  😏