Sign in to follow this  
DrummerJuice

How loud do you like it?

2 hours ago, itchitch said:

Very articulate guy!

But we all know that “11” is where the fun is. 

I couldn't agree more,  I prefer to twist the knob far to the right until its not only an audible experience but a physical one too, with the lower frequencies kicking me in the chest.   Now off to but more amps,  need more power   

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, DrummerJuice said:

That ad worked on me in my tape playing days until I switched to TDK SA-X 90!

+1

Still wanting a pair of JBL L100, which is the speaker in that ad.

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2

32 minutes ago, 69Chevelle said:

I couldn't agree more,  I prefer to twist the knob far to the right until its not only an audible experience but a physical one too, with the lower frequencies kicking me in the chest.   Now off to but more amps,  need more power   

We need more headroom! Now if the Bob father would just build one more solid state amp to rule them all! lol

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, itchitch said:

Very articulate guy!

What? Huh? Did someone say something? I see your lips move...

:D 

8 hours ago, maytag said:

..wondering?!..is that Daddyjt or Rod H?

10 hours ago, itchitch said:

Very articulate guy!

.. this knob is happy at "11"😃...but when the wifey arrives, this knob returns to this position..

knob.jpg.d53ab87e42c351f5fa44547665f3e4a7.jpg

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Bobby1970 said:

.. this knob is happy at "11"😃...but when the wifey arrives, this knob returns to this position..

Hahaha thanks for the idea! :D

• Haha 2

Stickers

18 hours ago, Charlie said:

~^~^

11:00 o'clock is where my 4000t volume control starts.......**))

16 hours ago, DrummerJuice said:

That ad worked on me in my tape playing days until I switched to TDK SA-X 90!

I used both Maxell and TDK tape.  They both sounded good......but wait, I think I still have some of that tape here.....next to my Yamaha K-2000 cassette deck........**))

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, 69Chevelle said:

I am glad you mentioned that. My new/now wife of 7 years is a cardiac nurse.  I told her before I met her that my long term medical plan was if I was having a heart attack I would turn up the music and lay across the subwoofer so it could do chest compressions on me........:D  :D

• That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dadvw said:

I am glad you mentioned that. My new/now wife of 7 years is a cardiac nurse.  I told her before I met her that my long term medical plan was if I was having a heart attack I would turn up the music and lay across the subwoofer so it could do chest compressions on me........:D  :D

Sounds like a completely reasonable and viable request.  Just like they turn up the juice on the paddles when they shock you, we just turn up the volume knob.  Hmmm. What other medical afflictions can be fixed with more audio ???

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, 69Chevelle said:

Sounds like a completely reasonable and viable request.  Just like they turn up the juice on the paddles when they shock you, we just turn up the volume knob.  Hmmm. What other medical afflictions can be fixed with more audio ???

All of them! :D

I like the parallel he makes with light! We all know that lower frequencies are harder to hear at lower volumes (hence the loudness switch). I would assume that the optimal volume would depend greatly on the room, gear, and source material. I guess if you are going to room correct you should do it at different volumes. 

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

Someone posted this a while back...........on rock nights at my house I start at Front Seat of SPL to WWIII begins for volume position driving an M500t.......grin

volume.png

• That Rocks 3
  • Haha 2

On 3/14/2019 at 5:11 PM, jeffs said:

+1

Still wanting a pair of JBL L100, which is the speaker in that ad.

They’re available new....$4,000 at a stealer near you. 

ray

Posted (edited)

This homage to volume reminds me of the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy series and the band Disaster Area, whose stacks of amps and speakers rivaled the New York City Skyline.  Here's a quote from the book:

"Disaster Area was a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones and was generally regarded as not only the loudest rock band in the Galaxy, but also as being the loudest noise of any kind at all. Regular concert goers judged that the best sound balance was usually to be heard from within large concrete bunkers some thirty-seven miles away from the stage, whilst the musicians themselves played their instruments by remote control from within a heavily insulated spaceship which stayed in orbit around the planet - or more frequently around a completely different planet. Many worlds have now banned their act altogether, sometimes for artistic reasons, but most commonly because the band's public address system contravenes local strategic arms limitations treaties."

-Douglas Adams

Edited by PhilDent
  • Haha 2