Rod the Mod

What's your daily driver?

Many of us have automotive toys, but what is your daily driver?

My 2007 Nissan Altima barfed out it's electronic brain a couple weeks ago. Stalled pretty much every time it crossed an intersection or a highway.  Couldn't let my missus drive it or put my kids in it so it went to the crusher. 388838 km on it.

Found a 2006 Honda Accord. Although it had 190000km, it looks new. Old dude owned it from new, babied, over-maintained,  most boring car on earth (yeah I'm looking at you Camry). Does everything it should, gets 35mpg. BORING!!!

I drive 100 miles to work each way every day.

What hauls your ass everywhere?

• That Rocks 5

Stickers

Posted (edited)

2013 Toyota Prius C; habanero orange!  Hope the crazy ass drivers see me before making illegal left turns in front of me. I miss my red 2010 Prius, had a better sound system and more room inside!

CAB5BA8D-EB9A-4F4E-96C6-3CF072237C53.jpeg

37F9131E-2503-4E17-84AE-815E5D9C796B.jpeg

Edited by BarryG
  • Thank You 2
  • Love this! 2

I drive a plain white 2002 Honda Odyssey. 198000 miles as of today. Getting a little rust in the usual spots. Who cares. Comfortable, drives great and long since paid for. Full ADS sound system I put in it when I bought it 10 years ago. I have no reason to replace it.

Deb drives a 2000 Accord coupe V-6 with around 185000 miles. Damn thing looks and drives like new. 

Just got a new company car - 2019 Nissan Rogue. Not impressed. Miserably uncomfortable. 

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 1

Posted (edited)

2016 Ford F-150 crewcab

had a lot of crap cars but love trucks

owned vw Passat x2, Kawasaki zx6, isuzu trooper, Ford Mustang convertible, Volvo S60, ford mini van, f150 crewcab before Ford did them, Jaguar sedan, Honda Accord, Chevy trailblazers x2, Chevy traverse, Ford f 350 and f 250 and f150 and another 150, Subaru Impreza and Subaru crosstrex, is Toyota Carroll, Harley 1200, Harley fat boy, 

A1D898A6-AED6-421F-BD96-81EBB391525E.jpeg

Edited by maytag
  • That Rocks 4

Posted (edited)

Bought this last year to save gas$$$ I was spending $90-$100/week in gas. 2015 Fiat 500 convertible! It's actually a blast to drive (slow car fast vs fast car slow) and when the sun comes out we take the top down and cruise! :)

fiat.jpg

and this is what I drive when I have clients or am golfing (or golfing with clients). The Fiat is too small for humans or clubs.

IMG_20190330_114935201.jpg

and this is what I drive when I am Drumming (Merc is too small for Rock and Roll!) :D

IMG_20190330_115420910.jpg

Edited by DrummerJuice
  • That Rocks 6

Driving a 2000 GMC Sierra that I bought new off the lot. I'm at 263,000+ miles. I love no car payment, and it's made me a better shade tree mechanic.  I'm on my fourth fuel pump and my third water pump, not to mention air injection check valves or fuel pressure regulators, wheel bearings, etc. I'd love to get a new truck, but I keep reviving this old goat for a fraction of the price that I'd pay for a new one.  I took my son to the LA auto show this year and was sticker shocked by new trucks that cost upwards of 70k+.  I'd love a new truck, but I'd rather spend my money on carver gear.

• That Rocks 5

Daily, I have my wife's ex-lease blue 2006, Honda CRV.  It just works and keeps on working.  I haven't found much it won't go through, and it's long since paid off (bought it out from the lease because it was so good - actually our 3rd CRV).  I keep thinking I should suck it up and get something new, but then I look at the prices, and this little beast just keeps working.  Few dings here and there, but no rust, so it will stay until it drops.

Our other vehicle is a 2008 Toyota Sienna wheelchair van with pretty much all the options (it started out in Florida, so the one thing it doesn't have are the heated wipers - go figure they wouldn't bother with that in Florida).  It's extremely electrically heavy (everything uses power, MORE POIWER), and I suspect it has both some sort of slight short, and may be wanting a new alternator sometime soonish, so I finally got smart after having to jump start it for the umpteenth time a few months ago), and I got a trickle charger for it, with a quick disconnect.  Now it starts perfectly every time.  I try not to drive the van unless I have my wife with me, to keep the usage lower, and because it is a bit of beast in size and maneuverability (especially compared to the CRV which can practically turn within it's length), but for what it is, it's very comfortable and the built in surround sound system is tolerable.

• Thank You 2

3 hours ago, Rod H said:

My 2007 Nissan Altima barfed out it's electronic brain a couple weeks ago. Stalled pretty much every time it crossed an intersection or a highway.  Couldn't let my missus drive it or put my kids in it so it went to the crusher. 388838 km on it.

Found a 2006 Honda Accord. Although it had 190000km, it looks new. Old dude owned it from new, babied, over-maintained,  most boring car on earth (yeah I'm looking at you Camry). Does everything it should, gets 35mpg. BORING!!!

only 388k???  damn thats too young for sure..   was it a slushbox?   and 06 accord bring unless its a stick at the least or better yet stick with sweet v6

• Thank You 1

Posted (edited)

oh and i miss my sports cars..   loooong story (a few here know some of it)..

but suffice to say one car only for the both of us here  and when we last needed to change da wife really wanted small suv esp since we have Konnor (Pink Floyd maniac dancin 4yr old currently  and yes soon ill edit and post a vid of his antics...  damn im way toooo old and broken forth this again!!!  😱  ) and needed more space..  i agreed if I got to vito any crapmobiles etc  long story short narrowed it to the last Rav4 with v6 (2012) or a Forester XT with CVT (2014 and up   ).. since they didnt offer the XT with a stick form some idiotic reason  😬  (they had 6spd tranny perfect for it already in the wrx/sti) and given its size the NA 2.5 version was lacking even with a stick insteaad of CVT...   

Well  we lucked out got an off lease 14 XT with low mileage...  and despite having the needed kick of the turbo 2L driven right it can get almost as good of milege as the NA2.5L esp on secondary hwy speeds.  The CVT is far better than traditional slushbox esp for efficiency.. and surprisingly with flappy paddle s# mode the XT is very much a sleeper even stock. 😇

Irony is daily drive for wifeswork is so close it dosn't barely even start to warm up in the cold..  less than 5min drive typically.

and again one day ill win the lotto and get my sports car again..  meanwhile y bike sits gathering dustsince icant ide anymore (mind wants to.. body says otherwise to say the least)  😟😬

Edited by Shalimar
  • Thank You 3

I drive a 2011 Hyundai Elantra black in color with 220,000 miles on it. Bought it new for work purpose. Taken care of and runs great, only had full synthetic oil and K&N air filter in it since new. Keep up the maintenance on it, would take it anywhere.......grin

• Thank You 6

I have a bright red 2003 Dodge Ram 4x4 standard cab, 5.7L Hemi pickup. It gets almost 13mpg, and has almost 150k miles on it. It's been paid for for many years, and it's beat up like a truck should be. Lots of rust around the wheel wells, and the bed is caved in on the passenger side. It's great for hauling stuff, hauling a$$, and I'm not afraid to park it anywhere. :D 

I also have a 1999 Harley Davidson Stage 3 Street Stalker. 

I'm looking to add a 2015 or newer Jeep Grand Cherokee to the crew, and to use as the daily driver.  This is the one I want, but I'll end up with something more like this one.

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1

2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn (white) with a hemi that I bought new..........winter/ horse trailer driving

2006 Dodge Charger R/T (black) with a hemi I bought used in 2006........summer  driving......which actually started 2 days ago

2006 Dodge Ram 1/2 ton (silver) with a hemi I bought new.......designated farm truck now

Yes, im that guy that just couldnt care about gas mileage.......bought my daughter a Ford focus and drove it around for a

couple of months last year before she got her license.........lifes too short for an old guy to drive that.

• That Rocks 2
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, PDR said:

2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn (white) with a hemi that I bought new..........winter/ horse trailer driving

2006 Dodge Charger R/T (black) with a hemi I bought used in 2006........summer  driving......which actually started 2 days ago

2006 Dodge Ram 1/2 ton (silver) with a hemi I bought new.......designated farm truck now

Yes, im that guy that just couldnt care about gas mileage.......bought my daughter a Ford focus and drove it around for a

couple of months last year before she got her license.........lifes too short for an old guy to drive that.

I love those Hemi's too, and I wish I could justify a Hellcat or Demon Challenger. :D All my biker buddies call me Mopar.

• That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Couldn't believe I didn't have a picture of my truck, when I posted this morning..., so after the gym, off to the car wash for a couple of snaps.  Looks pretty good for 17 years in salt country.  2002, Ford F150, King Ranch, Crew Cab, 5.4L, 4WD, Saddle-leather seats, rear bucket seats in back, all stock, original wheels. The Leer "Browning Edition" cap has been on it since new. with roof-storage inside for scatter-guns, hunting gear and blaze-orange clothes. And, yes, that's a 2" Curtis hitch receiver under the front bumper... Makes it a lot easier for my wife to put in and pull out the boat.  This truck came with every option that year for this model except for the console-mounted VCR.  220,000 mi, 16mpg, full synthetic, no oil leaks, just redid the front control arms and ball joints, tracks straight down the road, no slop in the steering.  Moved two kids in and out of dorms and apartments throughout the college years.  Love it.

93871743_F150KingRanchCrewCab20190330small.jpg.88178a791e6e45cdd9588e46d8c6de2e.jpg

Edited by AndrewJohn
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 4
  • Love this! 1

Stickers

12 hours ago, Rod H said:

Damn 100 miles each way.  No wonder.the Nissan had that kinda mileage.  Hope the Honda does as well for ya 

• Thank You 2

I love my AMG Merc!  It's fast, handles incredible and has a terrific stereo too! It's my DD.

1215637894_2012E350SideShot.thumb.jpg.27d699524a13266d4d9c1af5848ab243.jpg

Turbo

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 2

I've driven beaters most of my life. Nearing retirement, I knew that what I didn't need was trouble from a car. In short, I ended up buying a 2000  F150 with 430 miles on it. Needed a truck for work, and was going to put miles on it daily. Still have the damned thing. It gets yardage though instead of mileage.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Turbo said:

I love my AMG Merc!  It's fast, handles incredible and has a terrific stereo too! It's my DD.

I thought Ford made Mercs. :D 

8925621-1949-mercury-sedan-std.jpg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sk1Bum said:

I thought Ford made Mercs. :D 

8925621-1949-mercury-sedan-std.jpg

You never see those lead sled 51's anymore so today's Merc is now Mercedes... 😉

Turbo

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 4

A few years ago I got into some license trouble so I parked everything I had with a turbocharger and a stick shift and started dd ing a minivan.  I’m on my third now and I love it.  I don’t think I’ll ever sell it. 

Looks exactly like this one. ‘02 Town + Country Limited.  Killer factory Infinity sound. Power everything including sliders and hatch. Factory hitch tows light stuff like my SeaDoos.  I have a Yukon for the heavier stuff. Excellent highway cruiser. 199,980 miles as it sits. I’ve done nothing to it except tires, brakes, a few bulbs, and struts up front.  After this year the bean counters cheapened up the Limited interior with less ambient lighting etc.

(I park everything decent and drive junk from Nov-March because of the salt bath Michigan treats your car to every winter. )

Nice to see fellow Mopar guys here. 

6D112D02-4C99-4EC8-A345-DC7E0B5B9A24.jpeg

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 2

I bought a Toyota Camry in 2008, 5 speed manual. Gas was approaching $4 a gallon and my SUV was getting 15-17mpg. A year later I got  new job that was 125 miles a day round trip. Did that for 5+ years.  It's almost 11 years old and is closing in on 270K miles. Change oil and tires, did the brakes once. Last summer a power steering hose was leaking ... only thing that's ever gone wrong with that car. Still runs like the day I drove it home from the dealer.

Have toys for the weekend.

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 2

1 hour ago, Turbo said:

You never see those lead sled 51's anymore so today's Merc is now Mercedes... 😉

A Mercedes would be very unique dropped, chopped, channelled, leaded, frenched, & slammed with suicide doors & fire belching exhausts. :D 

I'd take a picture of it!

• Haha 5