Rod H

Snake oil? No fights, just post links here.

Oh boy, tongue in cheek time. I can't go as far as some out there, but I try my damndest to understand that if someone waxs their car and it runs better, I won't argue the point. They're happy, but just don't try to sell it to me. OTOH, I chose cherry baffles for my speaker build because it just sounds better. There, we are even.

• Haha 3

I make no bones about the fact that my electronic skills and understanding do not exist.  I read the questions and answers by members because: 1.  I'm impressed by the collective knowledge; 2. because of the kindness to help one another.  However, if I'm walking in a cow pasture and I step in a pile of bovine excrement no one well versed in semantics or linguistics is going to convince me it is anything but cow/bull shit.  The smell alone causes my eyes to water and burn.  The only link I might provide is to the local mental institution where I currently reside.

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 4

I knew there was a lot of incredibly off-the-wall (aka brain-damaged) ideas out there in the audio world, but I have to admit, I did not imagine quite the level that it is obviously gotten to.  Call me naive, or just, perhaps too set in common sense, but OMG, the things people will come up with and flog, and that people will actually buy.  :$

The only thing that worries me about the group of you, is how easily you find this snake-oil!  :-$  How many of you are supporting your OCCD by selling this stuff?  :D

• Haha 2

Hey there is a lot of gullible people out there...case in point...maybe a bit off topic... but one of my co- workers has given over $100,000 to a  Phillipino ex prostitute in the last 6-7 years. " A fool and his money are soon parted ". Point is if you want to believe in something bad enough...common sense takes an exit.

• Thank You 3

20 minutes ago, Carverpro said:

one of my co- workers has given over $100,000 to a  Phillipino ex prostitute in the last 6-7 years. 

The fact that he's given her over $100,000 takes out the ex in ex-prostitute! lol

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Carverpro said:

Hey there is a lot of gullible people out there...case in point...maybe a bit off topic... but one of my co- workers has given over $100,000 to a  Phillipino ex prostitute in the last 6-7 years. " A fool and his money are soon parted ". Point is if you want to believe in something bad enough...common sense takes an exit.

I have a buddy that was quite successful in his day and I asked him where all his money went... he said he spent half of it on hookers and blow and the other half he wasted! Lol :D

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, dcl said:

How many times has this eerie thought darkened your listening time: What the hell is my carpet doing to my stereo? 😱

Problem solved.

But doesn't that cause the electrons to bunch up and delay a bit at each suspension point?  Think of a cable car going by a support tower!  :-$xD

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

But doesn't that cause the electrons to bunch up and delay a bit at each suspension point?  Think of a cable car going by a support tower!  :-$xD

In order to prevent that you have to put a little piece of carpet at each suspension point! ;)

• Haha 2