Greetings from the Ozarks

Recent sign on here. Been lurking for some time. Saw a C-1 for sale & registered. By the time I was approved the C-1 was gone! Heh..Heh.( Sorry Jeff! I'd have bought it the day you posted it!)

Kept me out of more trouble.

I'm Bradrock on every forum I've been on since 1995 or so.

Grew up on Dynaco, Heathkit, Allied kits , etc.

Still have my Lafayette & RS catalogs from the sixties.

Right now running a Classe Audio Dr-5 preamp, Carver TFM-25 amp & Polk SDA-SRS2 speakers.

I have a 700b I'm hoping to get WOPL'd real soon.

Don't know how much I'll be posting here. For some reason this site seems like I'm on dial up. Painfully slow & stalling out.

Edited by Bradrock
screwed up
  • Thank You 5

Welcome to CS! 

I'm not sure what the issue would be with the site, it seems to be running okay to me. Might have been going through some maintenance at the time you were posting. I'm not sure.

if you decide to stick around, post some pics of your gear. People around here love pictures. (I think it's because some of them can't read ?)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bradrock said:

R

Don't know how much I'll be posting here. For some reason this site seems like I'm on dial up. Painfully slow & stalling out.

Are you on DHL? what server are you using? OS? which search engine are you connecting through foxfire or Googlechrome?  you could also try clearing your browsing  data  hope you get it straightened out wouldn't want you to miss anything.  Welcome to the site

Welcome.jpg

Welcome @Bradrock - the site should be reasonably fast.  It can take a moment sometimes if there's a lot to show - especially if you are following a lot of things, but it should be quite reasonable to use.

Don't worry if you missed one C1, I'm sure there will be others coming up.  Hide your wallet when browsing, here - OCCD is real (trust me, I've fallen into the abyss, since joining).  That said, the value for what you wind up with is incredible.  

Hello Bradrock!

It's good to have you here, and it's good to have another hillbilly. Where in the Ozarks? I'm in Springfield.

39 minutes ago, Sk1Bum said:

Hello Bradrock!

It's good to have you here, and it's good to have another hillbilly. Where in the Ozarks? I'm in Springfield.

I'm about 2 1/2 hours south East of you. Small town of Alton. 700 people. And Springfield is the nearest real shopping to us.

I scour Springfield Craigs list daily for Cool auto parts and such. ( Electronics seem a waste of time around here)

Have you visited that cassette tape factory?

I came up there awhile back & got this cool Mitsubishi Starion. Kinda scary place forr a rural dude.

86 Starion 008 (Medium).JPG

41 minutes ago, jvandyke_texas said:

I'm keeping my 700B stock.  I can tell you where to add 2 capacitors to stabilize it.

I view WOPL as a sales job.

That's cool. I have a minty series 1 PL700 I'll keep stock other than speaker protection. I like kit building & the White Oak kits are extremely well done. I have several PL400's to play with also.

• Thank You 3

Welcome to the Carversite!  What part of Arkansas, I used to live in southern Arkansas, Lake Village, my ex is from Hamburg!  We loved going to the  Ozarks!  Been to Mountain View and Mountain Home several times!

Have fun, I see OCCD has started on you!  A lot of good people and lots of great info on these pages!  Kick back, grab a favorite beverage, turn up the volume and as always enjoy the music!

barry 

3 hours ago, Dennis47 said:

WELCOME @Bradrock!

Glad you found us.

One of our members @Bonzorodoes the WOPL rebuilds.

Those Phase Linear 700b amps WOPL'd are great!  ...but expensive:S

Done any upgrades to your Polks (XO's, tweeters,  rings, gaskets)?

Yes, Perry will be getting ALL of my dough! And some I don't have yet.

I've only had the Polks a short time. I have added spikes. Inserts were already there! Heh..Heh.  I bought a tube of adhesive for the magnets & I have plenty of Dynamat on hand.

I have the 1986 blade blade model, so the new crossover boards will not work. I have the new terminal plates on order & the Sonicaps in my cart...................

Tweeters last. Although I may buy them while available.

Then some sort of entry level real speaker wire. I'm not going audiophile though. I just like nice gear.

Polk speakers 008 (Medium).JPG

• Thank You 2

3 minutes ago, Bradrock said:

I'm about 2 1/2 hours south East of you. Small town of Alton. 700 people. And Springfield is the nearest real shopping to us.

I scour Springfield Craigs list daily for Cool auto parts and such. ( Electronics seem a waste of time around here)

Have you visited that cassette tape factory?

I came up there awhile back & got this cool Mitsubishi Starion. Kinda scary place forr a rural dude.

I know where Alton is, Eleven Point River--great floating!

I came here from a small town too, about five thousand people. Springfield crime has increased tremendously since the late eighties, and I live in a pretty exciting neighborhood. I could easily cut the cord, and there would be no shortage of drama and entertainment. There are a couple of 1 bedroom duplexes across the street from me, and I think I've seen every kind of fight possible short of a gun fight from my front yard. Guy on guy, girl on girl, guy on girl, girl on guy, two girls on guy, couple on couple. When I moved here, Springfield had maybe 2 murders/year. Now it's about 2 per week. Meth is the scourge of the world, and there are lots of places in the hills to hide the labs.

Perry does great work. I have a 4000t that he modded, and I'm very pleased! It's a hard choice between it and a BillD C-1 that Daddyjt modded for me. They both weigh in at several times what they cost.

• Thank You 1

I picked up that car right downtown near Bass Pro. Big old two story victorian house & the guy was living in the only room left with windows & a door! Thugs all over. I never pumped a come a long so fast in my life! And yes I was packing heat. We watch Springfield news here too!

• That Rocks 1

2 hours ago, Bradrock said:

I picked up that car right downtown near Bass Pro. Big old two story victorian house & the guy was living in the only room left with windows & a door! Thugs all over. I never pumped a come a long so fast in my life! And yes I was packing heat. We watch Springfield news here too!

Best thing we ever did was add a receiver at the front of the trailer and a Harbour freight winch mounted to a receiver bracket.

• Thank You 1

Just now, Packratt said:

Best thing we ever did was add a receiver at the front of the trailer and a Harbour freight winch mounted to a receiver bracket.

I now have exactly that ,along with the HF tongue mount tool box. The remote control winch is amazing for an old fart working by himself! I have already twisted the heck out of that winch mount!

• Community Admin

Welcome @Bradrock.  I'm a fan of the WOPL too. And the Bonzoro specials - (4000t).  Significantly more robust, and bulletproof.

I lived a summer after college in the Piedmont / Poplar Bluff area, did some geoscience work in the lead mines there.  Stories..., 

Welcome.

Edited by AndrewJohn
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

20 hours ago, Bradrock said:

Recent sign on here. Been lurking for some time. Saw a C-1 for sale & registered. By the time I was approved the C-1 was gone! Heh..Heh.( Sorry Jeff! I'd have bought it the day you posted it!)

Kept me out of more trouble.

Welcome Bradrock.  Sorry you missed out.

13 hours ago, Bradrock said:

You were a little over a mile from where I live. I could almost throw a rock on the Mercy Hospital campus from my front yard.