itchitch

The Most Gracious and Unexpected Karma Received!

Posted (edited)

Several months ago I commented in the chat window that I wished there were wood cases available for Carver C-1’s, similar to vintage Marantz and McIntosh gear.

I received a PM from Rockster2U (Bruce) soon after that comment.  We chatted back and forth a few times and that was it…

I received a mystery box last weekend from Bruce. These pictures document THE BEST GESTURE EVER! Bruce took it upon himself to design and build custom cases for my system. His work is outstanding. The finish, materials and design surpass any offering from Marantz or McIntosh. 

Not only did he build a case for my C-1 but, as you can see below, designed and built a custom case for my TX-2 (it has the rack faceplate attached.)

These cases are beautiful. They transform Bob’s classic industrial design in to display worthy works of art.

Bruce, thank you for the kindest of unexpected Karma!

Itch

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

Edited by itchitch
  • Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 7
  • Love this! 7

Posted (edited)

Those are very nice Bruce!  I like the looks of those with those components......grin.  Excellent craftsmanship!

Edited by Dadvw
  • Thank You 2

Is that ash?

Really matches the dresser nicely.  I've always liked the look of the Carver gear mixed with wood.

• Thank You 1

Great Job!  I love the way you rounded the corners to match the KEF-LS50's, and how the wood and finish match the dresser - really first class.  Do you have plans for these?  I'm sure a couple of us amature, wood butchers here would like to give these a shot.

• Thank You 1

Absolutely outstanding.  Beautiful wood work.  What a great gesture...WOW!!!!!

• Thank You 1

39 minutes ago, jeffs said:

Is that ash?

Really matches the dresser nicely.  I've always liked the look of the Carver gear mixed with wood.

They are made from Mahogany 

• Thank You 2

Posted (edited)

Absolutely.

Incredible.  

That looks fantastic.  

Wow.  The generosity from fellow Carversite members once again shows no bounds.  

Beautiful work Rockster.....

Submit this to Featured Systems.  The elegance and simplicity deserves it a spot there.  

Edited by Zoom
  • Thank You 1

That is beautiful (both the craftsmanship and the gesture!) You can tell that some creative thought went into that work/art! Well done Bruce!

• Thank You 1

Bruce,

I had a hunch that you had this talent from our previous discussions. FWIW, I have not found the wood that I was telling you about, but you will be the first to know after I do.

Greg

• Thank You 2

Thanks to all for the kind comments. Everyone on this site has always been very good to me and I’m glad to occasionally be able to do something nice for others. This “case” idea was one of Itch’s making and I thought he and LT (another most generous soul) were more than deserving based upon their historical generosity and friendship. I’ll be doing a separate Karma post tonight and will also include some quick specs and comments for any ambitious DIY’ers.

• Thank You 7
  • That Rocks 2
  • Love this! 1

Stickers