Rockster2U

Karma - Mahogany C-1 Case

If anyone saw Itch’s post re: this C-1 tabletop case, well - let’s just say this is a follow-up. I made a few of these and based upon all the nice comments thought that there may be some interest among members. Here’s the deal - solid Mahogany Case delivered to your doorstep to house your Carver C-1 Preamp. Submit your name, I’ll put it on a card and my wife will draw a winner at 9:00 O’Clock PM Central Daylight Saving time Sunday Night. I’ll need an address from the winner and will get it shipped out by the following Tuesday.

For those do it yourselfers, the faceplate is 3.5” x 19”. Cabinet width is 20.5”, depth is 8.25” and height of end spacers is just over 3.5” depending on how tight you want your tolerance to be. I‘ve used stock that varies between 1.25” and 1.1”. A one inch round over bit was used to radius the ends and the side spacers require a rabbit that is about 5/16” deep and will have to be cut out enough to achieve about 19 1/8” opening in the face after the glue up. I just used a simple butted construction w/o biscuits or dowels, figuring I had a large enough glueing surface to achieve the strength needed. The one pictured was finished with Minwax Gunstock Stain and a Poly-Acryplic Varnish.

Sunday Night 9:00 PM Drawing for any interested members. (No, the C-1 is not included)

F421DF27-ED05-4914-A289-358D3B072BBD.jpeg

188EB267-6C39-4237-99A9-801BE09A8F89.jpeg

880ED07B-8649-4D9C-911A-4595FA885796.jpeg

2DDC5606-F73A-4298-99E7-E7B9A7053512.jpeg

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 5
  • Love this! 1

Stickers

Keep in mind that I have serial numbers one and two!

The lucky winner is in for a treat. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I changed my mind, not in.  I have received niceKarma recently so I am bowing out!  Good luck everyone, thanks Bruce for this mist excellent Karma offering!

Barry

Edited by BarryG

Wow is right!!!! It looks awesome please count me in too!

Wow - incredible karma!  You, sir, are truly a class act.  I consider myself nothing short of honoured to be allowed to hang with this group.

Beautiful work - I will pass and let someone who can properly use these enjoy your handywork. 

I figured that I should bump this back up as it was about to fall off the first page. Drawing will be at 9:00 Sunday and I expect it to be in the winner’s hands before next weekend. (Maybe a little longer if it heads across the border) Best of Luck to all.

• Thank You 2

Stickers

I'm sure many of us are eagerly awaiting Monday with crossed fingers and toes! You may have to start a side business! 😂🤣

• Haha 1

Looks like my response disappeared with the outage but I did receive the case and love it!

Carter

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2

On 5/14/2019 at 5:31 AM, Zenith4me said:

Looks like my response disappeared with the outage but I did receive the case and love it!

Carter

WITHOUT PICTURES ... IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

• Haha 4