Nahash5150

CS! Server Outage

1 hour ago, jeffs said:

+1

If I need to review a schematic, I usually just go to this site and load it live.  A few weeks back, I downloaded the ones I use most frequently.  Glad I did that. Kept me going on a few projects but sure is good to be back live.  Great work Greg!

Yea, I had to call Dennis for info on the 1.5...🤓

• Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, Daddyjt said:

Yea, like a fine bottle of MD 20/20, I’ve mellowed...😂

Sounds like he found the Lord...

maddog.jpg

• Haha 6

Stickers

54 minutes ago, Nahash5150 said:

Just FYI, we are operating on a server backup, so some information may have been lost.

Does that mean I have to try to reply to every post again? Lol

• Haha 2

Thank you as well to @oldtexasdog for you updates, and diplomacy on the Jim Clark site.  Even though I could see some of the activity via various Internet organizations, and was lucky enough to get some emails, there was something very reassuring from your messages there to help keep the withdrawal under control.  Very much appreciated, sir!

As to the businesses that have lost in this, I agree - I kept thinking about them, and hoping that our return was delayed because those who needed their sites to make their living were getting priority.  I could see some were hurting very badly by it, and I wish them luck.

6 hours ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

I want to offer a HUGE Thank-You to @Nahash5150 for what I know was nothing short of a Heroic effort to get things back and running!

I had been watching the DNS activities amongst other areas, and had enough of an idea what was happening.  Everyone should be truly impressed that things are back so soon, and so well.  

Incredible job, Greg, and all who were involved.   Thank you!!!

(I'm still holding @DrummerJuice at fault for his attempt to "take over the world" having caused a cosmic divide by zero to break the site).

+1

• Thank You 2

I will never let my stuff enter the IOT ( internet of things ) or this Machine Learning technologies, brand wars will always be there and like  malware there is always the risk of destroying the system, or whatever they want to do through MAC or IP addresses and cameras and everything related.  What I would like to do is make a proximity sensor attached to the volume knob that reacts like...

Related image                     to                              Image result for full volume sign     depending on my wife's location/distance, volume goes down if she gets near the C1 and goes up again depending on how far I would program the sensor to be, lol.. 

(I love my wife she's so nice and intelligent person, she's my inspiration) 

...or maybe I should've posted this on the "Do you know any joke?" forum....

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Rod H said:

Hey! I'm no commie! 🤨

I taught my 3yo great grandson to say, "I ain't no snowflake."

The next phrase I'm going to teach him is when someone makes him mad to say, "What are you, a communist?"

That should go over well with his kindergarten teacher. :D 

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 4

Appreciate all of your efforts Greg.

Kudos to Rod The Mod, and Dennis.

Also a special shout out to OTD~Jim, thanks for the updates from the alternate universe.

I figured Balok had probably gotten ripped on Tranya again and somehow accidentally initiated the corbomite maneuver and taken us all out !  😉

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Nahash5150 said:

Anyway, I have plans to create contingencies for the next time...

Thank you Greg, and everyone that worked to address this.

I've lost work via "hackers" and it's no fun.  More wasted time on such PITA activity by non-doers.  I can relate to the surprise.

Double redundancy is my friend, now.

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

Stickers

8 hours ago, DrummerJuice said:

Does that mean I have to try to reply to every post again? Lol

No, it just means that all those whose Birthday's we missed get to be a year younger!  LoL

• Haha 4

Stickers

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that spent time getting the site back up.

I had no idea how addicted I was to this site until I couldn't log on.

Again....thanks!

Carter 

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 3

Posted (edited)
Then there is Boones Farm and Annie Green Springs.

An alcoholic product labeled as wine, similar to boones farm or mad dog 20/20. Bottom shelf sweet stuff that'll get you laid every time, too bad they quit making it in the late 70s.
Dude, get some Annie Green Springs(AGS) and you'll be throwin down on her before 10.

Nectar of the Gods. The official beverage of Odin and Crew.

Hera and Aphrodite guzzle this stuff and then go have orgies with their brothers.

This stuff has started wars and ended civilizations (just ask the Sumerians).

In summation: Cheap and Good. Fruiter than Richard Simmons, but a lot more fun. The best wine on this planet.....
Thor and Freya were chillin' one night. Freya tried to take the last sip of Boones Farm. Thor zapped her ass with a thunderbolt. Why????? 'Cause Boones Farm is worth killing for.

Edited by MLB111
  • Haha 4

I'm just glad that the site is back up.   Thanks to all to those whose hard work made this happen.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1