Sign in to follow this  
Bradrock

My system improved during outage!

I comissioned member Bonzoro to build me a WOPL Phase Linear 700b . Only had it since Monday and I'm having a BLAST!

Can't say enough good things about the quality of his work. Also Kudos to White Oak Audio!

Approx. 700wpc into my 4 ohm Polk  SDA SRS2's . Also, I believe I have the very first new REV.G control board from WO.

Enjoy:

WOPL1000 004 (Medium).JPG

WOPL1000 2 002 (Medium).JPG

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 8

Posted (edited)

Congrats Brad. Bonzorro does great work. It would take a ridiculous amount of cash to tempt me to part with my Bonzo 4000t.

Edited by Sk1Bum
  • Thank You 1

Love the WOPL.

Anyone that has not checked out what that board re-do does, along with the protection circuit (critical upgrade to the PL), is missing a very cool, and long-lived (WOPL has been around a while!) way to really change up those older amps.  Joe, at White Oak is a super nice guy to work with, and has really developed this product line effectively.  (Reg G, you say..., hmmm)

That is a thing of beauty.  I have some Bonzoro work in my rigs, too.

Stickers

Thanks fellers. I stand corrected. The new control board is a 'G1'   . It has a 'dual mono' layout & check out the American flag. I like that on my gear.

This is Bonzorro's picture:

IMG_5509 (Medium).JPG

• Thank You 4

3 hours ago, AndrewJohn said:

Love the WOPL.

Anyone that has not checked out what that board re-do does, along with the protection circuit (critical upgrade to the PL), is missing a very cool, and long-lived (WOPL has been around a while!) way to really change up those older amps.  Joe, at White Oak is a super nice guy to work with, and has really developed this product line effectively.  (Reg G, you say..., hmmm)

That is a thing of beauty.  I have some Bonzoro work in my rigs, too.

I grew up on Heathkit,Dynaco, Lafayette kits, etc. The circuit board kits from White Oak puts the old days to shame. Even the leads are all pre bent! Wonderful documentation to walk you through it. I have several PL 400's and a pile of WOA parts here to play with. I wanted my main amp built by a pro with top notch test equipment , so I KNOW it's at peak performance. And on my best days, my wiring is pretty fugly compared to Perry's.

• Thank You 1

Congrats Brad,

That's a beautiful piece of Carver magic.  I love the big VU meters.  It looks a bit lonely sitting there by itself though-- I think you need another one.... 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jazzman53 said:

Congrats Brad,

That's a beautiful piece of Carver magic.  I love the big VU meters.  It looks a bit lonely sitting there by itself though-- I think you need another one.... 😉

If I don't slow down a bit, I'll need another wife.

I do need to sneak a better turntable  in here somehow though.....................

And to be safe, that means selling something. Like the TFM25 this is replacing.

Maybe a couple dozen firearms too.