Sign in to follow this  
kingman

Ebay FedEx policy changes

Wondering if anyone else received this...

Beginning June 1, 2019, FedEx will charge a $350 fee for each incident of a package shipped through FedEx that contains Dangerous Goods or Hazardous Materials that is determined to be noncompliant by FedEx. 

What is considered a noncompliant package?
A noncompliant package that contains Dangerous Goods or Hazardous Materials include: 
Insufficient or improper packaging
Improper HazMat labeling or markings
Undeclared Dangerous Goods (DG)
Prohibited materials
Packages abandoned or refused

What does this mean for you?
If FedEx determines that you have shipped a noncompliant package, this fee will be reflected on your monthly eBay invoice in the same way FedEx shipping charges are assessed today. 

How to avoid the fee?
Refer to the Dangerous Goods or Hazardous Materials shipping guidelines from FedEx and the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) to make sure you are compliant with their regulations and shipping requirements. It is your responsibility to ensure packages are properly marked, labeled, packaged, and documented (if necessary), according to their hazardous materials shipping policies. 

In addition to FedEx requirements, any shipment you prepare must comply with DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations(HMR) and any restrictions maintained by your preferred shipping carrier. Please refer to FedExUPSUSPS and eBay’s policy for more information. 

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.
Twitter spacer.gif LinkedIn spacer.gif Facebook spacer.gif Facebook spacer.gif Pinterest
  • Thank You 1

I received it today. It looks to me like boilerplate.  I have not shipped any hazardous materials so it really doesn't apply to me. However, I think this is a wake up to folks who may consider selling such items. If they decide your package isn't sufficient you will incur a huge fee?  I don't see any mention of due process or appeals.  If there is any way to avoid it, it seems there can't be enough profit potential on a one off to justify this new risk to sellers. 

Stickers

Posted (edited)

This looks like a push to properly label devices with Lithium Ion and similar batteries; there is a ton of requirements for shipping these types of batteries and the devices  that contain them....

Edited by Charlie
  • Thank You 1