Sk1Bum

Saying goodbye to friend

So sorry for your loss. Cancer does suck! I feel your pain although it was not cancer in my Charlie's case. It was a collapsing trachea. He'd had the issue for about a year now and his medicine was no longer effective either. Had to say goodbye this past Thursday.  

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, RPA-1 Man said:

So sorry for your loss. Cancer does suck! I feel your pain although it was not cancer in my Charlie's case. It was a collapsing trachea. He'd had the issue for about a year now and his medicine was no longer effective either. Had to say goodbye this past Thursday.  

I know ending Rosa's pain was the right decision, but damn why does doing the right thing have to suck so much?

I am sorry for your loss too, Paul.

Thank you all for the condolences, and thank you Kevin sharing that great poem.

39 minutes ago, Sk1Bum said:

I know ending Rosa's pain was the right decision, but damn why does doing the right thing have to suck so much?

It's unbelievable how deeply our furry friends can work their way into our hearts.  The bond we have with them stays with us, and even though it hurts as bad as it does, it makes us all the better for what they share with us.

@RPA-1 Man you have my sympathy for losing Charlie.  

I had to say goodbye to my 20yr old girl a couple of years ago, and I still feel the loss.  It's the one place where we effectively outlive our kids.

• Thank You 1

Dick,

I am so very sorry to learn of your loss and I understand what that empty feeling is all about when a decision like yours has to be made. Hopefully, you can eventually find some comfort in knowing that you did the right thing but that sure doesn’t make it any easier. I think that losing a friend and companion with four legs is as tough, if not tougher than losing a close relative. Be thankful for the time you had together and all that both of you did for each other. Hang in there my friend and cherish those memories forever. As several others have expressed, you are not alone in your grief. I too have been there more than once. Most recently, May 17th and I still tear up when thinking about it.

• Thank You 1

Stickers

Posted (edited)

So sorry about your loss. They become such a good part of our lives. Take solice in the fact that she lived a great life with a good human

Edited by Retriever
  • Thank You 1