4krow

The 'Greg, Bruce & Dennis Project'

Dennis Miller and I are putting our collective heads together. Just the way that I like it too! He does all the thinking, and I do all the window dressing. 

So keep your eyes wide for the 'Dennis Project' to morph into the 'Greg and Dennis Project Presents:'

Act one: The first take.

P6300001.JPG

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 6

Ok, great start! Tube buffer/C9 combo with blue colored M500 meters and remote control...........

• Haha 4

Dennis, Thanks for the flashback. I remember this now. It was part of the reason that I thought, 'hey, I could do this'.

• That Rocks 2

Well, maybe an update here. The Kharma expands. It was just too big for Dennis and I to handle alone. Bruce (Rockstar4U) may be joining the effort in the woodworking department. I won't give up any secrets just yet. We got some kool ides in the oven though.

• That Rocks 5

Its a C9, made with tubes, tube buffer front end, blue LED, with wooden case.......**))

• Haha 2

Good Lord, it's been too long since an update for the buffer amp project. No, I don't have photos, but Rockstar2U does! Folks, the lion's share is on his end and you will see why when he posts some love for it. At first, I didn't think that we were going to get ridiculous (compared to average folk), but oh my, lions tigers and bears, it's just too freaking late! Just today, I got the brass plate in to mount some of the hardware on. Ummm, it's heavy dude. Like I might have mentioned previously, I may have to put some upgraded parts in this unit just to justify the chassis. I don't want it to become one of the VW kit car, 'aha' fooled you things.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

On 7/10/2019 at 5:44 PM, kve777 said:

I already made one of those...

Pictures or it didn’t happen......😂😂

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Dadvw said:

Pictures or it didn’t happen......😂😂

I posted pictures at the time... where were you?🤷‍♂️

image.png

I thought it was quite tidy, fit well in that chassis. I wonder who has it now...

4 minutes ago, kve777 said:

I posted pictures at the time... where were you?🤷‍♂️

image.png

I thought it was quite tidy, fit well in that chassis. I wonder who has it now...

HERE is that thread from 2015.

Edited by kve777
  • Thank You 1

Posted (edited)

That’s cool Kev! Thanks for the pics! I like the look and fit of that in the C-9. The upgraded supply to handle both would be nice! Maybe another day......grin

Edited by Dadvw

Oh, c'mon.  I want to see a full Musical Fidelity 2-tube, knock-off crammed in there!  😉

...with tubes with cages coming through the top cover (like a Mod-Right design)…, for easy Tube Rolling. 

Enabler and designer..., I am.

• Haha 2

Stickers

2 hours ago, AndrewJohn said:

for easy Tube Rolling. 

Or go a step further and have multiple sets of tubes that you can switch between...  :haha:

4 hours ago, 4krow said:

Stop it guys, or I will add a SH circuit to this buffer project... I mean it.

You haven't, already?!?!?!  :-k:--D

• Haha 3

Wow is right!  Beautiful work - both inside and out!  The collective talents on this group are outstanding.

There's almost a Sunfiresque appearance to it, but ... Wow!   ~^

• Thank You 2

I just let Bruce have his way with the fine woodworking. Do you like the teak and mahogany combo? I do. You can see why. So far, Dennis has been the donor of the circuit board, parts (not cheap) and electronic work. Then it made its stop to Bruce's shop where you see the result here. The only input that I have had so far is having Bruce mount a silver dollar that I sent to him on the top (sorry, no not a real one, but still classy), and having Bruce make a cutout for the rear panel brass mounting plate for RCA & switch. It will probably come to my place by next week, where I will assemble the brass plate, and likely remake many of the connections with some fancy silver wire just to follow this high wire act. We all have had a great time making this a group effort. Perhaps something else will gel in the future.

Edited by 4krow
  • Love this! 1

Well, I have to thank Greg & Dennis for including me in their generosity of this offering. Simply put, it’s been too damn hot and humid to spend much time outside these days so I welcomed an excuse to get out of the heat and make a little sawdust. I’ll be anxious to see the final product after Greg has done his magic. From a selfish point of view I’ve had a blast with this project - some lucky Dude is going to enjoy this puppy.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3

Stickers