4krow

The 'Greg, Bruce & Dennis Project'

BEAUTIFUL!!!  ~^~^ ~^ ........ The teak and mahogany combo is Excellent, I love it....Hat's off to you and Bruce.....607917.gif

3 hours ago, Sk1Bum said:

That is gorgeous!

A work of art again 4K, you do an excellent job with those......grin

On 8/14/2019 at 2:09 PM, oldtexasdog said:

WOW! Outstanding workmanship.Im Inn.jpg

I salute ya’ll big time!

For those about to rock.......grin

• That Rocks 2

Now, remember this in order. It was Dennis who donated and soldered most of the board and parts. Bruce did the outstanding woodwork, and I cut out the brass RCA jack plate, and mounted the connectors and switch. Then I ran mostly new wiring and other minor details about the build. At the moment, I am working out a wiring glitch that I have caused. All in all, it is a striking piece.

• That Rocks 4

We are nearing the finish line with this piece guys. Just spoke to Dennis today about the glitch/switch issue, and it seems to be sorted out. Point is, this piece will be offered up very soon for Kharma. I am suggesting that it be given out to the neediest member, and not by a random number generator. The 'randomestness' (it's my own invention, so don't bother looking it up) may impartial, but the need is not. 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 1

So, if Dennis is ready, and all is swell, let's hear from a few good men. Things like 'it goes with my decor' will even be considered. But mostly, what would compel you to own such a piece...... Let me start, even though I am not in the running:  I own a system that is all solid state, and an influence of tube  sound has been a liking of mine for a number of years. See, that shows a possibility of promise. Otherwise, your trying to read a random number generators output, when instead, we should be trying to read you.

Who's on first?

• Thank You 1

13 hours ago, 4krow said:

So, if Dennis is ready, and all is swell, let's hear from a few good men. Things like 'it goes with my decor' will even be considered. But mostly, what would compel you to own such a piece...... Let me start, even though I am not in the running:  I own a system that is all solid state, and an influence of tube  sound has been a liking of mine for a number of years. See, that shows a possibility of promise. Otherwise, your trying to read a random number generators output, when instead, we should be trying to read you.

Who's on first?

I am on first. :D 

My system is all solid state, and I would love to test the tube waters. I'm not afraid of the tube red pill, and I would love to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. Personally, I don't see how the sound of a Bonzorro 4000t with an M500t mkII could be improved, but I'm willing to be convinced that it can.

Not only that, I've lusted over your cigar box creations since I saw the pics of the first one, and if I'm selected as the lucky recipient of the Greg/Dennis/Bruce project, it would be like having my cake, eating it too, along with the butter cream icing and ice cream.

Many thanks to the three of you for making this available!

oh, and if y'all change your mind on the RNG, put me down for 43. :D 

• Thank You 1

Wow! That is gorgeous! Great work to all involved!  I can’t be in because I have one of 4K’s creations, black of course.....grin

Edited by Dadvw

Amazing work, Beautiful, not sure if I need it or not, looks so good it's hard not to lust after it, but have an X10-D  have had it in my main system and now run in my den system  just not sure I hear enough difference to make it worthwhile for my ears. Would love to try it. If I were lucky enough to win I would karma out the X10-D ... David 

• Thank You 1

10 1/4 x 7 1/4 x 5 1/4

Do we have any others interested in this buffer.  If so, please tell us how you plan to use it.  What system you will use it in.  How bad do you want it. 

This was a karma gift to me from Wayne (wrf).  Now I a paying it forward.  Though not required, should the new owner ever decides it is no longer required as part of their system then it would be nice to see this offered again to the membership here.

Edited by dennismiller55
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3

Stickers

I'm not worthy but I would love to audition it. 

It would go in my theater/listening room. It is of course, entirely solid state. 

Pre/pro is a Marantz AV7704. Signal goes to a minidsp HD and then a TFM-25 for the tweeters and a A-400x for the woofers. 

These are the L&R. I already want to swap the TFM-25 out for a tube amp as it is beyond overkill for horn tweeters. New compression drivers and woofers as the budget allows too. I hate that they are 8 ohm. 

A fair amount of my music collection is flac vinyl rips. Perhaps it would restore some warmth to the digital and solid state chain. 

11 hours ago, oldtexasdog said:

Somebody is gonna be one lucky dog!

Most famous dog.jpg

I don't normally drink beer, but when I do, it's when I am listening to music with solid state gear and one of 4Krows tube buffers.......grin  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Sk1bum was truly the best response that we got. It's simple. Dennis has the buffer in hand, and will send it along shortly. As always, we will be eager to hear of your impressions. Thanks to all that have shown interest and comments.

Greg/Dennis/Bruce Project

Edited by 4krow
corrections to content
  • That Rocks 2

Awesome karma, beautiful work. Thank you. I'll be happy to get this in my rig and see how it changes things!

Daddyjt and I will have a Kollaboration Karma soon.