Hello - NickT

Hey All,

New user here.  I just picked up a Cinema Grand Signature 400-5 a few days ago to add to my current 7.1 system.  I have been idly looking for a Carver / Sunfire power amp and just happened to come across this unit at my local HiFi store as a trade in.  Needless to say I walked out the door with it.

Beautiful sounding amp, but I have some minor issues with it that I need to sort out.  On power off, and I mean complete power removal, I get a squeal through the front right.  Doubt it is anything major but something to look into.

My Current system:

Fronts :  Klipsch RP-280F

Center: Klipsch RP-440C

Surround: Klipsch RP-250S

Rear:  Acoustic Energy A107.  Soon to be replaced with Klipsch RP-160

Sub: Acoustic Research 12".  Don't laugh at that one..  Needs to go as well.

Projector: Epson, I forget the #, 1080P.

Screen: 125"

Onkyo TX-NR717 driving the Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig 400-5.  It's also driving the 2 rear speakers.

Sony Blu ray, Amazon FireTV and other various bits of audio gear.

All this in a dedicated theater room that seats 8.

I have found information somewhat difficult to come by on this model, so hope I am in the right place :)

Cheers!!

Nick Tucker

• Thank You 4

Welcome.jpg

Welcome to the group, Nick.  Nice setup, you have, and don't fret about the AR sub - unless "you" don't like the sound, enjoy it.  Sunfire gear is, apparently, a bit hard to find info on, but there are some folks here with some great technical knowledge (Yours Truly excepted, beyond plugging in Power and RCA cords).  

Good luck, and enjoy the music, or movies!  :D

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, much appreciated.

I'll post some pics very soon, probably tomorrow.

Thanks DrummerJuice, I do have the manual.

Welcome Nick. 

There's lots of technical people here always ready to guide you from the smallest to the biggest detail...

Do share some of your favorite tunes in the "What Are You Listening To?" thread here.

Check your cable connection to that channel. Are you using RCA or XLR’s? I would swap out cables first and see if it’s a connection issue. It sounds like a capacitor discharge of some sort. NaHash can assist you at Nelion Audio. 

6 hours ago, kingman said:

Check your cable connection to that channel. Are you using RCA or XLR’s? I would swap out cables first and see if it’s a connection issue. It sounds like a capacitor discharge of some sort. NaHash can assist you at Nelion Audio. 

I have replaced all the cables with brand new ones, so not that.  I agree, to me sounds like a cap discharge. 

I do plan on doing a "re-cap" at some point, but for the near term I am just going to enjoy it :)