Sign in to follow this  
Daddyjt

Shazam music identification app.

I’m sure I’m late to the party on this, but I was introduced to an app a few weeks ago that I have come to find indispensable. It’s called Shazam, and it’s pure genius...

have you you ever been in a restaurant, music store, etc, and heard a song that you really like? Or one that seems vaguely familiar?  With Shazam, you open the app, tap “listen”, and within about 3 seconds, you’ll have the title and artist. On IOS (Apple), it will even link to the artist in Apple Music. It also saves all your searches, so when you get home you can search the artist, order the CD, etc...

Here is a shot of the App page, and a sample of what you get after identification.

E09370D4-4BBB-4ECC-A9E6-A11D30FBBE20.thumb.png.592a832418c09ce99ed724ddab169e26.pngE989A209-5D08-4904-AE6B-2CDBA907062A.thumb.png.f1b014f1de5e2211d988383a5ce25645.png

• Thank You 7
  • That Rocks 2

All the time. Kids turned me onto it years ago.  

The app can also tell you what TV show you are watching, And who the artist/contestant is on AGT, or The Voice - even if they are doing a very good cover song. it knows the difference.

...and other things..., it's one of those "listening" apps..., so be cautious where you might have it active...

• Thank You 2

Stickers

Mark,  I use it all the time,  agree its a great app and I haven't  been able to stump it very often with obscure music. 

Another one that doesn't seem to have quite the catalog of knowledge is SoundHound. I use it and Shazam. I find SoundHound to be better for me for how I use it - I capture music unknown to me and then, when I am shopping at McKay's I pull up the history and start looking. I know Shazam has the history as well but it has "stranded" me a few times at McKay's, leaving me unable to retrieve my history shopping list.

If you guys get down to TN & NC be sure to take a shopping list and plenty of $$. They have new and used CDs, LPs, DVDs, SACD, etc. Most are used and priced from $.25 for "very scratched" to regular price for an in-demand, new or unusual release. FWIW - I have bought tons of the very scratched items and never had one not play. Most music is divided by genre and artist - except for the very scratched section. Those are just added to the shelves as they come in. It's a real easter egg hunt looking through them...

The book selection and video selection is massive as well. It is easy to spend hours in the stores...

http://www.mckaybooks.com/our-story

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

Stickers