RichP714

Q for Daddyjt and kev

I saw that the topic I posted in about 'don't you love history" was closed, and dJT posted a face palm 'not this again', while kev held his tongue, but let us know he wasn't happy about it.

My question is, what did I step into?  What is happening again?

Stickers

In my opinion, you took an admittedly borderline topic, and made it overtly political by maligning both our president and 51% of the population. 

Further, you steered the topic into charged political waters by politicizing the immigration issue.

This topic was almost a month and a half old.  One could be forgiven for thinking you just dug it up and injected some political talking points to stir shit up...

mission accomplished. 

Oh, and I almost forgot - kudos to Kevin for practicing restraint. Thank you. 

• Confused? 1

Posted (edited)

I see; I didn't realize that I was maligning anything or anybody; just pointing out a paradox.

I know that politics are off limits here, but a topic about history shouldn't be afraid of the blood on the United States' hands; should it be sterilized because it's inconvenient?

I thought we were all old enough to remember nicaragua, el salvador, guatemala, the sandanistas (sp?) Noriega,  Iran contra, Saddam Hussein, etc.

Hell, I was IN country during the Panama operation 'just because'; cowering  in the dark with my supervisor, both of us holding machette and hoping the marines wouldn't burst into our home and kill us and his family (like what was happening all around us that night (something to remember if you decide to live off base- be in a country that's not likely to be invaded).  I remember the bulldozers digging mass graves the following day.

If we're supposed to be learning from history, how is that possible?

I don't see it as politicizing immigration; i see it as pointing out a hypocrisy that happens to involve immigration.

Again, I knew it was a borderline issue, but didn't intend to inflame, I just wanted to outline the hypocrisy of something that happens to involve a political appointee's opinion.

Edited by RichP714

Stickers

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, kve777 said:

I'm just restraining myself here because I see too many historical parallels between Trump and Hitler. 'Nuf said.

I apologize; I didn't mean to annoy you kev. djt seems to think that I intentionally provoked some type of 'shit' stirring, as he calls it.  I wonder, at what other time have I intentionally strirred up dirt about a topic?  any topic? political or no?

In my view, I make observations and ask questions, that is all I intend.

apologies again.

Edited by RichP714

Stickers

Let me just clarify that Politics is not off limits. What is off limits is Twitter-like personal attacks and group-think bigotry, which is to say, no flaming and no instigating 'the other side' by shooting at sacred cows.

Leave the cows alone. Have a discussion instead.

• Thank You 1

Stickers

13 minutes ago, kve777 said:

I'm just restraining myself here because I see too many historical parallels between Trump and Hitler. 'Nuf said.

Just couldn’t help yourself, could you?  Thank you for putting your hypocrisy on full display.  

I love what you do there Kevin - see, YOU can make the political jab, but if I punch back, you’ll cut and past the forum rules (like you did last time), and claim a Moderator is picking a fight with you.

You really should learn more about history. If/when you do, you’ll realize how asinine your statement is. 

• Thank You 2
  • Sad 1

I am a strong proponent of free speech, and I am willing to discuss any topic.  However, in this topic specific forum, viz., Carver gear enthusiasm, I endeavor to remain apolitical for the purpose of not being divisive.

-PhilDent

• Thank You 2

7 hours ago, kve777 said:

Wow.  If you call a Hitler comparison restraint,,, 

9 hours ago, Nahash5150 said:

Let me just clarify that Politics is not off limits. What is off limits is Twitter-like personal attacks and group-think bigotry, which is to say, no flaming and no instigating 'the other side' by shooting at sacred cows.

Leave the cows alone. Have a discussion instead.

Would you mind explaining what the Sacred Cows are?  If the Cows are sacred, doesn't that in it's own way, promote group-think bigotry?

Uh, EXCUSE ME but I am Hitler so the 'orange man bad' is waaaay behind. I was called Hitler way before the orange guy, so I'm deeply insulted that the comparison has been shifted.

I am so corrupted I can't see it. It's spreading. It's like invisible liquid nitrogen filling all containers and spilling over in vapors across the landscape. And soon, you will all be corrupted with me!

MUHAHAHAHA!

• Haha 1

Stickers