Sign in to follow this  
oldtexasdog

No Internet! Help-ideas?

9 hours ago, loner_t said:

Verizon wanted to cut him off after 20GB. I do not know the exact details. Verizon Data Plans & Features - Terms & Conditions has this clause, which seems to be open to abuse by VZ. 

Customers who do not have dedicated Mobile Broadband devices cannot tether other devices to laptops or personal computers for use as wireless modems unless they subscribe to Mobile Broadband Connect. We further reserve the right to take measures to protect our network and other users from harm, compromised capacity or degradation in performance. These measures may impact your service, and we reserve the right to deny, modify or terminate service, with or without notice, to anyone we believe is using Data Plans or Features in a manner that adversely impacts our network.

Typical!

Stickers

Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2019 at 11:48 PM, loner_t said:

SPs should provide such an alternative, if they are really serious about Broadband ubiquity. Typical 2.4/5G Outdoor WiFi APs have a range of 700-1500 feet, depending on terrain. LoS CBRS is another option for SPs. If there is a strand, the SP delivering service to your neighbor can mount APs to provide you service. There are ways to address such constraints, if the SPs really want to serve consumers.

Oh, I agree fully.We use some Ruckus AP bridges to send internet to some of our buildings so they can have internet and it comes off of our system versus having to pay one of the crap local SP's to do it.  Those work great and do exactly what we need them to do.  I'm about 2 miles from one of our buildings and I swear, if there weren't trees and a couple of hills in the way, I'd be trying to add a pair of those on for service and just set my house up on a separate VLAN.  ha

Edited by avguytx
  • That Rocks 1

Exede (Viasat) has added an unlimited plan to their service not cheap $150. They do reserve the right to slow you down after 100GB during heavy traffic times.

• Thank You 1