avguytx

Finally got more set up in new upstairs music room...

Posted (edited)

We're officially in our new house now as of a couple months ago...finally. I had the upstairs finished out which is about 15.5'x 36' so I have good space. Since weather was kind of crappy and muggy yesterday,  my wife and I worked upstairs some today. I decided to put the Belle clones on the 15' wide "short wall" and I feel they sound better this way. I ran them on the VTA ST-70 for a little while but it's just too damn warm this time of year.  I hooked up my fully rebuilt Carver M-200t (thanks @dennismiller55 ) which, honestly, sounds a little better on the Belles.  Obviously its 4x the power, too, so it's coasting along pretty good. 

20190810_154229-1024x611.jpg

Then, today, I got my Infinity Quantum 3's back after them being stored (and lightly used) at my best friends house the last 10 years. Man, I forgot just how damn good those Watkins woofers sound. 

20190811_192737-1024x576.jpg

Also hung up the album frames I made 12+ years ago back in Texas and hung my guitars and guitar picks I've collected through the years. 

I still have another system in the same room to the left of my chair with the Onkyo P-3000R preamp and my M-1.0t MkII Opt 002 that runs various speakers I including Cerwin Vega VS-150's, Celestion Ditton 44 Series II's, JBL L1's, and a couple other small speakers. I can move my chair around and listen to either setup.  Obviously, I've got some extra gear sitting idle.  Lol. 

20190811_191956-1024x576.jpg

Edited by avguytx
  • Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 7
  • Love this! 2

Congratulations on the nice room and setup! It’s always good to get the gear setup and running after a move......grin

5 minutes ago, dennismiller55 said:

Nice clean system.  I bet it sounds great.  But I don't see a comfy chair to kick back in. 

I do have a leather recliner in there but I guess I forgot to get a good pic of that. I dont like having a seat for one as there's nowhere for my buddy to sit when he comes over, at some point, to listen. Or for my wife to sit, for that matter.  Going to find a love seat or couch at some point to rectify that which will be easier to move than the recliner...especially with carpet sliders. Speaking of, I need those for speakers, too.

I appreciate the compliments. I'm enjoying the space, finally, when I'm able to get up there. 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3

Really nice looking room and setup. I’d imagine it sounds every bit as good as it looks and fully expect that you’ll be spending a lot of time up there. Congratulations on a very tasteful playpen full of goodies - well done.

Stickers