Sign in to follow this  
Daddyjt

Huge explosion at Russia weapons depot - what blew up?

Sure looked like a nuclear explosion to me and a few seconds later the video camera shakes from the shock wave. As usual, Putin is in cover up mode. And only 7 people died?

BillWojo

• Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, BillWojo said:

Was it something I said?

No... Your comment was fine. We just need to be extra vigilant in reminding folks not to stray into political discourse. 

It tends to rapidly devolve into a train wreck and ends with anger and hurt feelings. 

But for the political issues, we are all friends here and it just isn't worth damaging that.

• Thank You 1

Stickers

B-Man, nuclear explosions terrify me. It's not like when they take a building down, you could be in the next zip code and still be a victim.

I guess it's from being in elementary school and all the drills we went through in case of the big bomb. Still that video is a big reminder of the destructive force they unlease. About 5 or 6 seconds after the blast the shock wave hits the camera man.

BillWojo

• Thank You 1

Yeah, well, they should terrify us. I remember the drills in school too. There is still something fascinating, at a primitive level, about explosions.

FWIW - I opened the link in a Chrome Incognito tab and the video played for me. That wasn't a nuclear explosion but it was a big one for sure.

This video got my attention - a true demonstration of why velocity is king !!

https://www.dvidshub.net/video/403786/electromagnetic-railgun-fires-high-velocity-projectile-hvp?jwsource=cl

• Thank You 1

Stickers