avguytx

FS: Carver M-200t recapped & new terminals. Pics added

Posted (edited)

With the help of Greg and then Dennis a few years back, this amp has been through the updates/upgrades with new caps and resistors plus updated RCA jacks and new speaker connections similar to what's on the M-1.0t MkII.  I have been running it on my Klipsch Belle clones and, as of recent, on my Infinity Quantum 3's and sounds fantastic on either.  I don't know if it's any "more" power than stock but it's rated at 120 wpc and runs with authority.  I'm only selling this because of an upcoming purchase of a new Onkyo M-5000R amplifier that will go into the rig using the Onkyo P-3000R preamp I already have.  (The other rig is the Carver C-1 & M-1.0t)  I will get some pictures up soon as I ran out of time yesterday trying to get everything accomplished.  The amp is in great shape with no gouges or mars on the front panel and the case is in really good shape, too.

$280 OBO and Buyer to pay actual shipping.  PayPal F/F is always good, of course.  I know how to pack amplifiers, and stereo gear in general, and it will be done right.  I have a Fedex account and still get reasonable rates but I can ship with whatever carrier you prefer.  CONUS only.

I may be listing a working, and signed by Bob Carver, DTL-200 for sale soon, too.  Also have a questionable "iffy" working SD/A-360 changer but I need to check it out more first.

Pictures to come and please let me know if any questions.  Thanks!

Edited by avguytx
  • Thank You 2

I will do my best to get some tonight when I get home.  Was going to try and get  them last night but my 7th graders homework was a little overbearing for him.  lol

• Thank You 1

Just to make it a little more clear, the initial work on this amp was done by me back in Feb/March of 2013 which included Greg's early initial "Gold list" of updates/upgrades including the larger PS caps and many others.  I also updated the RCA jacks and the speaker connections.  Once done, the amp had some buzzing which I couldn't track down without proper equipment so the amp sat idle until August 2014 when I shipped it to Dennis and made sure he knew that there was absolutely no rush on it.  After he went through it and made some tweaks and adjustments, it worked like a champ.  Just wanted to clarify.  :)

• Thank You 1