What Are You NOT Listening To?

kve777

There are several songs I no longer care to hear. Played to death. NOT bad songs, mind you, just waaaaay overplayed. Here's my top five:

#1. 'Stairway to Heaven' by Led Zeppelin. "Not again!"

#2. 'Freebird' by Lynyrd Skynyrd. "Lord have Mercy!"

#3. 'Hotel California' by The Eagles. OK, so I can still listen to the Hell Freezes Over version.

#4. 'Purple Rain' by Prince. Change the station.

#5. 'Devil Inside' by INXS. Hey! They have lots more songs!

What can you add to the list?

• Thank You 2

It isn't as specific, but I'm listening to a lot less "New" and "Popular" music. In the past I have tried to give a listen to the new and popular releases in hopes of finding a hidden gem. Unfortunately, it seems that it has become so rare to find anything I consider worth a second listen that I tend to stick mostly to old favorites.  The current releases I do listen to tend to be new material from known artists. (Like a new Diana Krall album)

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

37 minutes ago, Rod the Mod said:

DSOTM. All of it.

Also The Wall.

Sorry Kevin!

Exactly why we keep you out of USA!

19 minutes ago, compwaco said:

It isn't as specific, but I'm listening to a lot less "New" and "Popular" music. In the past I have tried to give a listen to the new and popular releases in hopes of finding a hidden gem. Unfortunately, it seems that it has become so rare to find anything I consider worth a second listen that I tend to stick mostly to old favorites.  The current releases I do listen to tend to be new material from known artists. (Like a new Diana Krall album)

Look for gems at WXPN

• Haha 1

I was the host drummer in a Jam (open mic) at a local for a few years and there was an ongoing joke...

"How many women does it take to sing Tracy Chapman's - Give me one reason?" 

"All of them apparently!"

I heard it so often that I still throw up in my mouth when I hear it and twist my back changing the radio station.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, fxbill said:

All and any rap, hip hop, heavy metal, ultra modern progressive jazz....and oh yes...Taylor Swift! ( Gosh, I'm picky!)

Can I get an Amen ? brother......

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

I have to agree, completely with many of the comments - it's clear that over playing is  one of the biggest causes of ear plugging events, along with the "that just t'ain't music" items.

I took Kevin's question to be which songs you used to like / listen to, but now can't handle.  I thought a lot about this, but in the end, I have to say that while there are many songs that wind up in this zone, temporarily, they all eventually cycle back around to be okay to listen to, again. |-|

I guess I just really like what I like, and avoid what I don't.  :$

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

1. When I hear one from my selection played by the neighbors I will never play it again. 

2. Music that IDK. lol

3. I worked at a mall for several years. When Christmas time approaches the whole building echoes with these tunes, at home I find myself bored and tired of... you know?  ber months coming...

• That Rocks 1

• Community Admin
6 hours ago, gold98gtp said:

Worked at a local burger joint thru high school and summers the first couple years of college ('72 thru '74), this was on the jukebox, and probably was played 20 times a day.  Mark 

I worked at a Pizza Hut in the 70's during high school, and first college years. Closed every night. We'd turn up the jukebox that the vendor never seemed to change out songs like:  Joe Cocker's "You Are So Beautiful."  Bee Gees anything.  And, just about any mid-seventies over-played radio-tune that was on that juke box.  Funny, I can smell the pizza writing this and when I hear those songs.  My brain somehow also hears the sound of the "table-top Space Invaders" arcade game we had in the waiting area that the volume was in parity with the jukebox. HEADACHE...

Agree with the Rap comments..., but I go one further, any rap artist after power/fame using cRap as their "talent" platform that assumes they have some undeniable right to lead and influence "people" on other fronts, I have to turn off, just because its so wrong and violates every moral and ethical bone in my body.  Learn to speak real "English" please.  You know who these people are..., they visit/hang-with the worlds presidents, monarchs and dictators like they are some kind of royalty, while at the same time, existing in the tabloids for mistreating women, doing drugs, or some other vice.  How does this not make every human puke?

• Thank You 2

Cumulus Media, Inc.

Entercom Communications Corp

iHeartMedia, Inc.

I haven’t listened to broadcast radio in over 20 years. Same crap over and over.

Because of this I have very few songs/artists I can no longer stand.

However, living in Selma AL for less than 2 years in the mid 80’s destroyed Sweet Home Alabama and Freebird. Just can’t listen to those songs at all after all these years.

• Thank You 3

A Philly "Oldies" station used to play (and probably still does!) Prince's 'Little Red Corvette' and 'Raspberry Beret' almost every day. I can't, won't, don't listen to those two ever anymore. But you can...?

• Haha 1