Hello from Lakeville,MN

Hey everyone. I ended up at the Carver site after buying a  M1.5t and C-1 combo for cheap. Prior to buying I had solely bought and worked on Pioneer, Sansui, and Marantz. It had been a slow week on the local sale site when that combo popped up. I knew nothing about Carver and when I googled the 1.5t and saw 350 watt/channel I thought it was a mistake. After a little more research I pulled the trigger. 1.5t was listed as having an occasional pop. I recapped with kit I believe Carver site member sells on epay.  Also did his BillD upgrade to the C-1. I did something wrong with the C-1 upgrade and in trying to run down my mistake I was continually directed to this site as the place to be. Sooo I joined up. Instead of fixing the C-1, I ran it with a phono preamp as I couldn't bring myself to not listen to the system that was driving my JBL L150A's better than anything else I'd had to date. I've come into another C-1 that I've made the same mistake with. I'm guessing that will be something I address here sooner or later. Also picked up a M400a a couple of weeks ago for parts or repair that the owner was selling for someone. When he hooked it up,  his woofers jumped and he freaked. Got it home, ran it with small test speakers. Works fine, ran all day, cool, no issues. Looks like today or tomorrow I'm going to come into a tfm 15 &  35 in trade for a Sansui 8080db. Addiction confirmed. I'm in the process of gifting or selling off my other receivers and amps. Happy to be running Carver and excited to learn more about the audio equipment that people either really love or really hate and you can get for a reasonable price as some people believe it is too much trouble to fix. 

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 1

Hello Eric, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

I see the OCCD is strong with you. :D 

Please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

Welcome to the site!  You have a good start on some great Carver gear.  I don't think you will be disappointed with the gear once it is refurbished.  Kick off your shoes and enjoy the site......grin

Welcome to the site, sounds like you got a great start on the Carver gear.

What types of music do you enjoy listening to, bands/artists  ?

If you have questions about you're C1 upgrade,  don't be shy about asking for repair advise, our techs are always eager to help.

Welcome Eric!  Nothing like diving in at the deep end!  You clearly have it bad, or rather, good!  ~^

OCCD_Lives_Here.jpg

There are plenty of very technically adept folks, here who (myself, excepted) can help out with your C1 problems, etc.  So you are definitely in the right place.

When you have a chance we'd love to see some pictures of your system, and I know the techs like open case pictures.

Welcome to the CS, Eric....=D= =D==D=  Enjoy your stay... you will meet a Great group of knowledgeable Individuals here.. ~^~^ ~^  Willing to help out and lend a hand in any way possible...  Guaranteed to keep you ROCKIN'  |-||-||-|

01-welcome.gif

Welcome to the insanity, Eric. Sounds like you are on your way to a large collection. If you like working on gear, I have a ton I'll never get to. PM me for some deals...

Welcome Eric from another Lakeville Carver owner. I bought my C4000 and M500 back in 1984, and recently had Nahash upgrade the amp. What  a great investment!

Now to get my C4000 off to Bonzaro for it's upgrade!

All the other gear I have is good for theater listening, but when you want to hear great stereo, the Carver Sonic Holography adds so much depth.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1