Greetings from Culver City

Long time lurker...first time poster.

I recently bought a C1 from jeffs from this site which I had BillD+ by allflehisequalwhenburnt.  This turned out awesome.

Then I picked up a faceplate which I bought from Russkall on the Bay...then I went a little crazy on the auctions.

Picked up another 4 C1's, a pair of M500t's, one M500 and a pair of M1.5t's.  I had Greg Garska @ Neilon MKII'd the M500 that came in DOA along with refurbishing a M1.5t.  Along with more faceplates and LED lights from Russkall.  Greg does great work and Russkall's easy to follow instructions made me feel like a reel mod.

Then a C-4000 which I added to the stack of C1's for  BillD+ mods by allflehisequalwhenburnt.

At this same time, I devised two separate but equal systems for my daughters.  One an anthracite C1 BillD+, M500t, M1.5T with a TX-11a.  She actually liked the fact the anthracite had turned purplish.  The other, very much on the dark side of life, has the blacked out C1, M500t, M1.5t and a TX-11b...

Then I caved and bought a 490T off CL and started getting the tube bug...the long lingering 390t on the bay...followed by a 490T trade here on this site with Heathkitua1.  Which lead me to tapping into kve777  knowledge base about tubes and ultimately to one of his modified Onkyo 7030 "t".

It's been a very expensive quest, but enjoyable all the same.  Years ago, I did the popular ALIII mod using new wires and Infinity woofers, hooked it up to a Sunfire Load Invariant and bi-wired.  Then I used a pair of Sunfire TGA-7401's in my Home Theater System and a 7400 in the Master.

I was excited then disappointed by the Emotiva / Bob thing...but recognize his work in seemingly a lot of off-brand amps.  I never got the Phase Linear bug...fortunately for my bank account.

In any event...I seemed to have missed the announcing myself to the group and skipped right to OCCD.

Edited by Arden
typos
  • Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 4

Hello Arden, and welcome to C!. We're glad you're hear ;) .

D4mn, I think you already know everyone better than I do :D

Crank it up & welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

Welcome @Arden - glad you decided to say "Hi!"   You never liked your wallet, anyway, did you? ?

No sense warning you about OCCD - it's WAY beyond too late for you, so instead of my usual Welcome plaque, we'll head straight to something more appropriate.  :D

OCCD_Lives_Here.jpg

Sit back and enjoy the addiction - and know you are in good company.

• Haha 1

• Community Admin

I have found that "forgetting" the actual purchase path keeps me from having to explain... Hah!  Call it denial.  

Your path to and through OCCD in such a chronical is a reminder of what I try to forget.  Sanity, you know.   LoL!  

Welcome, and as Kevin said, you are one of us, now.

• Haha 1