Sign in to follow this  
PhilDent

My Daughter's new system

I noticed that my 11 year old daughter was listening to more and more music, so I took a cue from other members here and set her up with a quality sound system.   This is a BillD C1 with a TFM-15. The speakers are a couple center channel speakers I had laying around and the source is her tablet. 

20190910_184036-1164x655.jpg

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 15

I agree you can't start them to early, if they show interest.

How is she with the volume control ?

That's gonna be sleepover central, envy of all her friends.

Nice job Dad!

Edited by Blues Pwr
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

Good start...!

I added a bluetooth receiver for my daughter (with a 35) ... controls the volume from her tablet/phone.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

45 minutes ago, itchitch said:

I added a bluetooth receiver for my daughter

Yup - same here ... she uses her phone to control volume. Her BillD C1 has remote volume as well.... Envy of all her friends who visited last weekend.

It's great to see these kids understand and appreciate the difference between average and excellent.

• Thank You 3

5 hours ago, Blues Pwr said:

That's gonna be sleepover central, envy of all her friends.

Guaranteed.  Even more so, because she has a huge mirror (~5'x8') in her room that I've caught her working on her dance moves and lip synching.

5 hours ago, Blues Pwr said:

How is she with the volume control ?

She is much like her dad and tends to push the dB's.  In fact, I often feel hypocritical when I tell her to turn it down.  However, I justify it to myself because I pay the bills, therefore I dictate the dB's :b--

5 hours ago, itchitch said:

I added a bluetooth receiver for my daughter (with a 35) ... controls the volume from her tablet/phone.

That is a great idea.  I need to look into that.

4 hours ago, jeffs said:

It's great to see these kids understand and appreciate the difference between average and excellent.

Agreed.  It absolutely pains me to watch kids listen to songs on their cell phone/tablet speakers.  I saw my daughter doing that, so I bought some Taylor Swift CDs and played them for her on my system.  I took great joy watching her face as she experienced her favorite music as she never had before.  On the downside, I now have to listen to Taylor Swift songs, then I realize that she will not be a little girl for long, so I endeavor to enjoy these memories together.

• That Rocks 4
  • Love this! 4