gentlejax

trade: Integra Research RDC-7 high end HT Preamp

this is from around 2001 and cost was $4500. it was the high end of the Onkyo line intended to be a music and a HT system in one preamp.  It has balanced outs and is in excellent shape with the remote . has motorized face and nice pretty display. it sounds good but I decided to not go into the home theater  setups after all when I decided I didnt want speakers all over the place for music.   it doesnt have HDMI but I know plenty of people who run video direct to tv not receiver so not always important...more like convenient.  

Looking to trade for a carver  amp.  figure all of you junkies have some extra lol...!

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1158.JPG

• Thank You 1

I'm of the opinion that a twenty year old HT processor isn't going to be worth half of a cheap Carver amp, good as this was in it's day. I pass on gear like this offered for $30-$40 all the time. It's only 7.1, no where near the current offerings. Which Carver amp(s) do you seek?

16 hours ago, kve777 said:

I'm of the opinion that a twenty year old HT processor isn't going to be worth half of a cheap Carver amp, good as this was in it's day. I pass on gear like this offered for $30-$40 all the time. It's only 7.1, no where near the current offerings. Which Carver amp(s) do you seek?

Unfortunately kevin is right, you’re not alone in that opinion either. Why I gave up on ht a long time ago. No different then buying a new car. There’s always another model to replace it. 

Carver amps/preamps are forever. 

only other amp I’d consider owning if I couldn’t get a carver would be soundcraftsmen or sae 

I think I saw this unit for sale on eBay on recommended hopefully you’ll get lucky and get someone to buy it if that was yours that way you can purchase another carver :) 

also kevin how do I get in touch with you on those 390t tubes pm or you got a website or something? Thanks

home theater has gotten pretty ridiculous.  I have used all the popular well regarded HT preamps and some of the legendary receivers...only I have never run them in HT mode.  there are plenty of people that do that also.  not me.    I cant fathom the need for 24 small speakers scattered all over the place.  cant imagine th mess of speakes all  over the place.  reminds me of a guy I know and his BOSE cubes all over the place trying to have me connect it to his Yamaha 2600...

but anyhow....the pre was sold on ebay this morning or last night.   that is the last time I attempt to use on . I found the perfect sterep pre for my needs . I have a carver I can use for pre if needed.  

and yes..now I can buy more carver amps

• Thank You 2