The best way to clean a CD

oldtexasdog

As I do not play X-Mas music but once a year on my Sony Juke Box. I have found some of the CD's needed cleaning. Anyone have a BEST REMIDY for this? I have seen many on the market, needles to say. Along with this I would ask, "What is the best way to clean the interior workings of the Sony Juke Box"?

Thanks for your thoughts as always.

I put rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth and clean cd's with radial strokes from the center out, I was told not to rub in circles. I use a pencil type butane torch to remove scratches. Ya gotta be quick! As for the player, I use foam 'Q-tips' with rubbing alcohol (94%) to clean all those little grooves and other works, then a light, white grease for the moving parts, as necessary, sparingly. Cleaning the laser eye is tricky, I use compressed air in a can. I haven't wrecked one yet!eusa_pray.gif Good Luck!

As I do not play X-Mas music but once a year on my Sony Juke Box. I have found some of the CD's needed cleaning. Anyone have a BEST REMIDY for this? I have seen many on the market, needles to say. Along with this I would ask, "What is the best way to clean the interior workings of the Sony Juke Box"?

Thanks for your thoughts as always.

Mine stay preety much in mint condition. However, I have borrowed a few or the wife on ocassion may leave a finger smudge. I use a dab of dishwashing liquid and cold to warm water, gently washing it with me finger. Rinse it thoroughly and dry from inside circle toward the outside edge. All the gadgets out there are no more then money makers for big companies.

• 3 weeks later...
I usually just "breathe" moisture onto the C.D., then stroke from center out (radially). To clean the laser, I have a C.D. with the little scrubbing pads on, just add a drop of alcohol, put it in the player, and play it for 5-10 seconds. Seems to work good.