kve777

Sony DRN-XM-01 Roadshow. Try XM Satellite Radio in your system.

I didn't have to move the antenna outside. I did try various locations in the room, but found the best place to be right on top of my stack of equipment. The wall where my system is located is on the north west side of the house, but the reception seemed fine. Also, I agree that the sound quality varies from channel to channel, and the programming quality varies depending on who is selecting the music. Of course, it is what it is - a radio. If you listen, you are at the mercy of someone else's selections, but this technology's purpose in life is to provide background programming with a high convenience factor.

it is what it is - a radio. If you listen, you are at the mercy of someone else's selections, but this technology's purpose in life is to provide background programming with a high convenience factor.

I'm using it for background music right now, low volume light jazz, my wife is asleep on the couch.eusa_shhh.gif

Ok, thread revival here, I ended up buying one from Kev, a while ago now(don't remember). Mostly so my wife can listen endlessly to the Grateful Dead channel, but also so I could listen to the alternative channel, the sound is ok, nothing amazing, however, it is very convenient for background music.
 I got used to listening to XM because a new(to me) car had the XM radio installed.
The system:
 C-1 (Bill D Mods)
 M1.0t MKII
 ALIII's (not modded yet emwink.gif)