weitrhino

Carver-USA and Carver Holdings Group

Both companies seem to be one in the same, both listed as residing here, two doors left of Whittier Filtration.  Image courtesy of Google Maps street view.

20120830100120771.jpg 

I called their number today to ask about the name.  A small voiced lady answered the phone as "Carver Holdings Group."  I asked her how this company was related to Bob Carver, a question that seemed to truly puzzle her so she put me on hold.  A few moments later a gentleman picked up so I asked the same question.  He responded they had purchased the rights to Carver Professional and were not associated with Bob.  We all knew that already, but if you read their website you get the distinct impression this company has a long 30 year history of design and technology, and that's not really possible without Bob.  Even though they purchased the 'Professional' name they seem to be aiming at the household market with their products; a bevy of subwoofers, monitors, and multichannel home theater amplifiers. There are no preamps or processors and the amps give wattage ratings at 4 ohms instead of the customary 8 ohms which makes them appear more powerful at first glance.  Phoenix Gold, the previous owner of the Carver Professional name appears to have retreated into mobile audio.

They claim to be displaying at CEDIA 9/5-9/8 so if anyone is going I'd be curious to hear whether they stack up in any kind of way. 

• Thank You 1

Thanks for the info update. I'm not too happy with the state of the industry these days as far as honesty. Trading on a name that has nothing to do with your product seems deceitful to me.

This can damage the brand forever if there is something fishy going on here. Where's the lawyers?

If they bought it fair and square...

Whats good are lawyers going to do?

At Cedia 2014 there was a company using the Carver name, showing samples and spec sheets. I talked with the Steven Tsai, CEO of www.carver-usa.com. His card says:

Worldwide Distributor

TECHISON ENTERPRISE CO., LTD.

A: 22F-3, No. 88, An-He Road, Sec. 2, Taipei 106 Taiwan

T: +886-2-2763-1548

F: +886-2-2763-1521

E: stsai.carver@gmail.com

During the conversation he said that they produced the Carver amplifiers for Phoenix Gold, which owned them money when they went bankrupt and that as a result they got the Carver name and patents as compensation.

I just found that in addition to http://www.carver-usa.com/ there is http://www.carver-world.com/ website, both are alike.

• Thank You 1