zumbini

Bob Carver 1982 Sales Seminar Videos

Thanks to Balok for sending me a link to these dated but interesting sales training videos filmed at Magnolia HiFi.

In part 1 a very young Bob shows his M-400 and M-500, and hints at the soon to be M-1.5.
He also explains "magnetic field coil" and "sonic holography" to a group of very casual sales guys.  

In part 2 Bob finishes talking about sonic holography and introduces his C-4000 preamp and explains the functions

In part 3 Bob reviews his C-1 preamp and C-9 Sonic Holography Generator and talks about competing processors.

• Thank You 3

I watched that some time ago - it's a great video.

There's more vids of him attending a Carver fest where he acknowledged that modifying his amps with larger capacitors and stepping up the voltage was okay because 'when things are mass produces, some compromises are made'. He didn't flinch about modifying them though, and simply cautioned that a 'thermister be used' to help shut down the coil if it gets too hot on start up.

I'm sure the question was about Rich's mkII mods, and the guys there were expecting a retort - but they didn't get one. :D

I watched that some time ago - it's a great video.

There's more vids of him attending a Carver fest where he acknowledged that modifying his amps with larger capacitors and stepping up the voltage was okay because 'when things are mass produces, some compromises are made'. He didn't flinch about modifying them though, and simply cautioned that a 'thermister be used' to help shut down the coil if it gets too hot on start up.

I'm sure the question was about Rich's mkII mods, and the guys there were expecting a retort - but they didn't get one. :D

Thats great that its on video. Do remember a thread over there with them making it sound like Bob and the other guy who's name starts with R were not for amp mods on the Carver units. That is clearly not the case. happy0009.gif 

Absolutely not. The more I learn about amps, the more I understand what Rich was doing, and the more I support his efforts. The guys in the video, bless their Carvernut hearts, didn't imply a understanding of how an amplifier really works.

Bob stated there would be more stress on the amp, and on the output transistors in particular, but Rich's design accounts for that and replaces the transistors with a beefier model.

Bob stated there would be more stress on the amp, and on the output transistors in particular, but Rich's design accounts for that and replaces the transistors with a beefier model.

Exactly. However, the output transistors on the 1.0t aren't changed because they are rated for the slight increase in voltage they see from the mkII.