Bendini Clarifier

danowood

Hey all, was reading up on older topics and posts in Re: Bendini Clarifier by Snow.  I am curious if it works well, and if it would be advisable to clarify an unburned CD or DVD ( I assume it works on DVD's too).  Would you get a better copy or burn on a clarified disc and of course clarifiying the source you are copying if burning from another disc eusa_think.gif  I see to they have newer updated versions that are much more expensive than the hand held version.

Reliability is suspect.
I have two Ultra Clarifier 4s - one dead, one still working.
I had to sic' the Better Business Bureau on them to get a replacement for one failed unit.

Thats not good business practice on their part.  Part of the trend conversation was how it worked, and since I found this explanation; whether it is adherently honest I have no clue.
<Quoate>

The Bedini Company claims that, "with its patented Electro Magnetic Beam Configuration, the Clarifier polarizes the polymer in such a way as to maximize the laser's ability to retrieve stored data."

Although I would never claim to be a technical expert -- I am a music lover, performer, and critic who has developed the ability to hear subtle differences in sound, and has a clear sense of what live, unamplified music sounds like in various venues -- I found this explanation incomplete to say the least. I therefore conducted several e-mail exchanges with Gary Bedini in which I asked him to explain, among other things, (a) what the "beam" was of which there now two, (b) what the whirling accomplished, and © why the unit did what it did.

After conducting several e-mail exchanges with Gary Bedini, I ended up with the following information:

�The Dual Beam runs opposing beams (specially configured magnetic structures) that oppose each other at the base of the motor.

�Extensive research has gone into the development of this product. Although the disk does hold electrostatic charges just from normal operation, it is also degraded from the manufacturing processes as well. We have incorporated a highly specialized electromagnetic beam(s) configuration to process the disk, as well as centrifugal force to achieve the ultimate treatment.

�It is apparent that electrostatic charge alters the polymer�s configuration and causes the laser�s light to diffract while reading the bits of information encased in the disk; thus more error correction is employed to compensate for this effect. This means that the CD has more noise, causing reduced clarity and degraded sound to the specific tones of the original recording. By simply removing the electrostatic charge it will not re-align the crystalline structure of the polymer composition which causes the diffraction.�

If you would like to know if I find this explanation adequate, the answer is that I do not. However, I confess that I am not prepared to sacrifice my unit for the highest good, dismantle it, ask technical experts on the Secrets staff to spend untold hours using sophisticated measuring devices to come up with an incontrovertible explanation for why the device works, and then buy another unit.

Instead, I have decided to trust my ears. The bottom line is, what I and everyone who has ever joined me in listening to a CD before and after Bedini treatment have discovered is that using the Bedini makes a huge difference in sound quality. I may not be able to explain how the device works, but I am sure that it does.

Testing on DVD-Video

As noted above, Bedini claims improvements in DVD sonic and picture quality. Alas, I was only able to test claims for sonic improvement. I�ve got a great audio system, but my DVD-video setup consists of a cheapie Pioneer DVD-V player modified to accept a detachable powercord. (I�m currently using a Shunyata Python.) While the digital signal is carried via a Nordost Silver Shadow RCA to BNC digital cable to my Theta Gen. Va DAC, video goes through standard video cabling into a cheap Radio Shack unit and then into an 18-year old (at least) 19� Quasar TV which, most of the time, resides in my closet. Sometimes the TV works fine, and sometimes it doesn't. Hence, I can do a fine job evaluating sound quality, but I leave evaluation of picture quality to others on the Secrets team.

I can tell you with surety that the sound of DVD-Video improved dramatically after using the Bedini. While the picture may have improved as well, I�d need better cables and a TV monitor on less than its last legs to say for sure.

Conclusion

The Bedini Dual Beam Ultraclarifier, which treats DVDs, CD-ROMs, and Photo CDs as well as audio CDs, works wonders on sound. For the mere two or so minutes it takes to fully treat a disc, the improvements are striking. IMHO, the resultant improvement in sonic performance is the equivalent of adding several bits of resolution plus increasing the sampling rate.

If you�ve never before used the Bedini Dual Beam Ultraclarifier, you owe it to yourself to give it whirl. If you give it an honest try, I believe you�ll be amazed at the difference it makes. In fact, I think it quite possible that you will find it indispensable.

I remember the road show that Snow put on with the Bendini...it did seem to work. If I remember correctly I was looking
into getting one, but as with all things imported to Candanavia....it was more than I was willing to spend.

thanks for the imput guys, still, does anyone know if there is a benefit to clarify a blank disc before doing a recording?
I no longer have the Clarifier that was put on as a roadshow like Rich I had problems with one of the people testing it and it must have worked so well he decided to keep it forever, after a few years of broken promises to return it to me I gave up hope of ever seeing it again.

To answer your question I don't know if it would help using it before a recording or even if it did how would one prove it? since my understanding of it's function is to discharge buildup of static electricity  on a recorded disc.

It will make a difference on recorded music though it is not a subtle difference before and after but like listening to a CD then listening to a SACD of the same recording before and after use.

REGARDS SNOW 

I no longer have the Clarifier that was put on as a roadshow like Rich I had problems with one of the people testing it and it must have worked so well he decided to keep it forever, after a few years of broken promises to return it to me I gave up hope of ever seeing it again.

Man that sux, I would hate to think anyone of the Carver site is less than an honest trusting person.  emangry.gif

I would never do someone like that, especially when they are doing a favor Taz.gif  some people though  out.gif

Man that sux, I would hate to think anyone of the Carver site is less than an honest trusting person.  emangry.gif

I would never do someone like that, especially when they are doing a favor Taz.gif  some people though  out.gif
I do not believe he is a member here any longer but was and may still be a moderator at the other Carver forum, the ironic thing is the same fellow was the one that Rich had troubles getting a Roadshow amp back from, he said he could not afford to return it so myself and several others took up a collection and sent him several hundred dollars to help him through some hard times and this is the thanks I received for my efforts.

REGARDS SNOW 

That sucks Dan. I hope to see some road shows pick back up here. I think there are still a great crew people on here that can act like responsible adults when it comes to handling other peoples property.
  • Thank You 1

It's weird how Rich has done so many generous things for people and then they turn it around and he gets vilified.

The concept of the Clarifier seems simple enough.
Anybody want to take a stab at resurrecting my dead one?  It looks like they crazy glued the housing shut. 

• Thank You 1

That sucks Dan. I hope to see some road shows pick back up here. I think there are still a great crew people on here that can act like responsible adults when it comes to handling other peoples property.
I agree there are some very kind hearted generous people that are responsible here. The thing about a Roadshow is you have to be willing to put your item/s for an extended period of time a year + on average and you have to be willing to risk damage either through shipping or possible malfunction and you have to have something that people both want to try and are willing to pay the cost of shipping to another after the trial period. Most people either don't have something that meets that criteria or are unwilling to part with their gear for the time period required or take the inherent risks that come with it.

The last time I offered up a Roadshow was on a Carver M200t amp it was the only Carver item I had to put up but of course there were no takers because it is a close to the bottom rung amp and shipping costs negated any interest and I wound up giving it away to Circuits and Concepts as a Karma so he could do some mods on it and offer that info here for everyone to use.

I may offer up some Music in a little while as a Roadshow because it is cheap to ship but of course anyone that wants to offer something up feel free to do anytime.

REGARDS SNOW 

I was going to put up an unused rectifier tube on a road show on audiocircle for the deHavilland owners but I'm sure glad I didn't.
I figured that I'd give it a listen before sending it out and it had a short in it.
I turned around and white smoke is hanging above my preamp!
It looks like my pre goes back to the factory for a check up.