RPA-1 Man

Emotiva Audio acquires Bob Carver LLC tube amp company

Good possibility. 14.gif

I'm glad to hear that Bob will be staying on in his R & D capacity. He is a real innovator. I believe he had a huge part in making audio gear what it is today.

I guess it would be OCED, not ECCD. Anyway, yeah you want a guy like that tinkering and passing on his knowledge and methods. I guess Emotiva doesn't care about what Sterophile Rag thinks ...

Moly Hackrel!
That's totally unexpected. 
I hope that it works well for all involved.

You read my mind. Personally, I've been nothing but extremely happy with the sound quality of my Emotiva equipment. To think that Bob is getting involved is just mind boggling to me. I'm very excited about the news. 

Will manufacturing move to China?

Edit:  listened to the announcement, they say the amps will be made in Franklin, TN.

WOW yikes.gif emidea.gif I hope they keep the Carver name and Carver series, (kinda like Exxon/Mobil did when Exxon got sold out by a jerk CEO with his golden parachutte attached).  I too am glad that Bod is staying on in R&D.

WOW yikes.gif emidea.gif I hope they keep the Carver name and Carver series, (kinda like Exxon/Mobil did when Exxon got sold out by a jerk CEO with his golden parachutte attached).  I too am glad that Bod is staying on in R&D.

OOOPS error, When Mobil got bought out.....

Two of my favorite audio brands come together, Bob Carver and Emotiva. I love my UMC 1.

Hopefully some of Bob's magic will rub off on Emotiva.

I look forward to watching how this situation develops.

Congrats to Bob and Emotiva

That is interesting. I came from Emotiva to Carver currently. Good thing I still have my Emotiva shirts and hats.

I would expect they will treat Bob like Clarion treated McIntosh - leave them be and reap the financial benefits of the name / products.

Although they might be interested in upping the production level somewhat...  emwink.gif 

Just received a few facebook posts from Bob Carver LLC saying they have legitimately been bought by Emotiva. All the principle people will remain and the company will still keep its name...

Announcement 13minutes into the podcast...

Some of you may have heard that Bob Carver LLC has been purchased by Emotiva. It is true and a very exciting development for the company. We will remain a "Made in the USA" brand of Bob Carver designed products. There are lots of good things to come!!

Bob Carver, LLC
My cell phone and email has been "lit up" with messages of concern about Emotiva buying Bob Carver LLC. This is a VERY good thing for us. Bob will now be able to develop his great designs with the full engineering support of Emotiva's resources. Before this purchase we were a tiny company with Bob designing, me running all of the operations, sales, purchasing, etc. and two guys building as fast as they could. Now, we have some tremendous resources at our disposal. There are great things coming!! ~Tony