SteveFord

Membership Medal Nominations - POST HERE

That is so sweet, congrats Charlie!!!! 

Keep the music flowing!

1 minute ago, Nahash5150 said:

I sniped you with the BillD medal.  :D

I see that, you are the bomb!!!! 😁

Thank you so much!  I haven't even posted all the pics I've taken yet since I'm still working on it. 

Have you ever upgraded a unit and found it so ridiculously incredible you were afraid to touch it again?

Thats where I am on my BillD C-1.  It's that good!!!!....

Turbo

• That Rocks 1

4 minutes ago, Turbo said:

Thank you so much!  I haven't even posted all the pics I've taken yet since I'm still working on it. 

Have you ever upgraded a unit and found it so ridiculously incredible you were afraid to touch it again?

Turbo

Everyday!  :D/

2 minutes ago, Nahash5150 said:

Everyday!  :D/

Hahaha!  And thus I'm enjoying the power of the music more than ever before...  :D/

• That Rocks 1

Posted (edited)

Congrats Rockster2u and Turbo!

who ha!!!  ~^

Good calls Nahash510....you're on top of things!

Edited by Dennis47

52 minutes ago, Turbo said:

Turbo

Good to see that you're not running around naked.  :D

I don’t know what medals you have but I would like to nominate Skibum for always welcoming new members here! He does a great job with a great attitude!......plus he lives near me.......grin

• Thank You 6

Posted (edited)

Thank you @Dadvw. I have that medal--I mean "Greeter."  What medal do I deserve for close proximity? (yeah, that's right, a straight line, go ahead, grab the low hanging fruit)   H3LL, you probably deserve the medal. You're almost close enough to hear me sing.   :D 

Edited by Sk1Bum
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Nahash5150 said:

Congrats Senior Member.  =D=

Thank you, it’s most appreciated. Hell, I just enjoy hanging out here with the hope that some of this wealth of knowledge will eventually rub off on me.

• Thank You 4

One more Hashy?

I would like to nominate one of our more recent  members randog311 for two awards...'Music' and 'Jester'.

Since joining  Carversite.com on July 21st of this year 'dog' has contributed 1309 posts, mostly obscure music

and jokes (some very good...some questionable). If my math is correct that's (1309 / 79 days = 16.5) an average

of over 16 posts per day!!!  Is that possible?

randog311 has jumped into this site with both feet!  His participation has made this forum more diverse and

interesting. I, for one, am always interested to see what music he will post next....:-k8---=D=

I think he is a valued member and needs consideration. What say you...?

• Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Dennis47 said:

One more Hashy?

I would like to nominate one of our more recent  members randog311 for two awards...'Music' and 'Jester'.

Since joining  Carversite.com on July 21st of this year 'dog' has contributed 1309 posts, mostly obscure music

and jokes (some very good...some questionable). If my math is correct that's (1309 / 79 days = 16.5) an average

of over 16 posts per day!!!  Is that possible?

randog311 has jumped into this site with both feet!  His participation has made this forum more diverse and

interesting. I, for one, am always interested to see what music he will post next....:-k8---=D=

I think he is a valued member and needs consideration. What say you...?

I agree on the Jester...Music is reserved for an actual collection and knowledge thus.

• Thank You 3

I would like to nominate Daddyjt for a medal for all the selfless, hard work he put in on my M5000Tmkii.

I bought the amp from a member who said he had to liquidate his Carver gear due to a personal, financial emergency.  The amp had a relay issue, which Mark offered to fix for free.  This generous offer was soon to became a classic example of “no good deed goes unpunished”

When the amp showed up it was packaged so poorly that it had sustained significant damage in transit.  Mark sourced replacement parts and even developed techniques to complete the repair.  He expertly packaged up the restored amp and sent it back to me.  Unfortunately, the American Tourister Gorilla must have been working for FedEx that day because it showed up DOA due to a cracked PCB.  So back to Mark it went, and once again he come up with solutions to repair the damage free of charge and shipped it back to me on his own dime.

I don’t know what medal that qualifies him for, but I believe he deserves a medal for his generosity, ingenuity and the resolve to complete a task fraught with frustration and setbacks.

Edited by PhilDent
  • Thank You 6
  • That Rocks 4

20 minutes ago, PhilDent said:

I would like to nominate Daddyjt for a medal for all the selfless, hard work he put in on my M5000Tmkii.

I think that would be the Samaritan medal, and Daddyjt already has it. That should be no surprise given his continuous generosity. Maybe a black pearl?  Or if another medal is in order...

I wholeheartedly agree that Marks generosity, ingenuity, and tenacity on this project should be noted.

• Thank You 6
  • That Rocks 2

1 hour ago, Sk1Bum said:

I think that would be the Samaritan medal, and Daddyjt already has it. That should be no surprise given his continuous generosity. Maybe a black pearl?  Or if another medal is in order...

I wholeheartedly agree that Marks generosity, ingenuity, and tenacity on this project should be noted.

Daddyjt sent me a flawless bass/treble knob for a c-1 ...... wouldn't even take money for shipping (and he sent it Priority Mail!)

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 3

Very well deserved. DaddyJT pretty much epitomizes the spirit of brotherhood at The Carversite. I am still grateful for all the work he put in on those CDs and for a guy who had all of about a half dozen posts at the time, I couldn’t believe his generosity and welcoming spirit. That probably pales in comparison to all of his other selfless offerings but it sure made my day. Congratulations Mark - It looks like your brand of citizenship runs in the family too.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

I sincerely appreciate all the kind words guys.  I really don’t see the little things I try to help out with as that big of a deal.  The guidance, information and friendship I receive from so many here on a daily basis far eclipses the things I personally do to help others.  Nonetheless, thank you for the recognition - I’m proud to call Carversite Home, and you all family🙂

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

6 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

I sincerely appreciate all the kind words guys.  I really don’t see the little things I try to help out with as that big of a deal.  The guidance, information and friendship I receive from so many here on a daily basis far eclipses the things I personally do to help others.  Nonetheless, thank you for the recognition - I’m proud to call Carversite Home, and you all family🙂

If you consider your help small, then I can only say, "Salut!"

• Thank You 3

19 hours ago, PhilDent said:

I bought the amp from a member who said he had to liquidate his Carver gear due to a personal, financial emergency.  The amp had a relay issue, which Mark offered to fix for free.  This generous offer was soon to became a classic example of “no good deed goes unpunished”

When the amp showed up it was packaged so poorly that it had sustained significant damage in transit.  Mark sourced replacement parts and even developed techniques to complete the repair.  He expertly packaged up the restored amp and sent it back to me.  Unfortunately, the American Tourister Gorilla must have been working for FedEx that day because it showed up DOA due to a cracked PCB.  So back to Mark it went, and once again he come up with solutions to repair the damage free of charge and shipped it back to me on his own dime.

I don’t know what medal that qualifies him for, but I believe he deserves a medal for his generosity, ingenuity and the resolve to complete a task fraught with frustration and setbacks.

I agree; Mark is one of the most awesome people I've met on this site

• Thank You 1