RichP714

Manuals not in the Library (wanted/needed)

Living room, den, cellar, garage, shed and oh, yeah, the 18' enclosed trailer!
Actually it's time to pare down. I have two M-1.0t's, two C-1's and a pair of CRM-2's to sell. A nice pair of AL-III+'s with no buzz, good surrounds and new grills/badges will be offered soon.

It's official. All manuals to be forwarded to Mark(Daddyjt) when done scanning. Mark will be the "Keeper of Manuals". or "CarverSite! Librarian", or whatever...eusa_clap.gif

Librarian is a good name for it.  I will be the custodian of these, NOT the owner - They belong to the site.  When the day comes that I am no longer a part of this community (Hey, it's bound to happen some day - one way or the other!), They will be forwarded to another member of the community at that time, to remain a part of the site.

Thanks Kevin, for entrusting them to my care!

To those doing the scanning, PM me for shipping info when you are done, and let me know if you need help covering shipping costs.
  • Thank You 1

How much progress has been made with the uploads?

Sadly, the only amplifier schematic out of the bunch that I have that is not currenly in the library is the TFM 22.  I have all the single pages scanned, but need to get to Kinkos to scan the 11x17 pages... On to processors next.

Let me know if I can help offload anything.  I'd be glad to do processors, Mark.

I have equipment to do the 11x17 (and larger) with my own personal gear - no fees if I can help with the big stuff. 
  • Thank You 2

Stickers

Let me know if I can help offload anything. I'd be glad to do processors, Mark.
I have equipment to do the 11x17 (and larger) with my own personal gear - no fees if I can help with the big stuff.

I'll pm you, depending on what I find out locally about the scanning...

• Thank You 1

After several attempts at my local Kinkos (and $30 down the drain) I gave up and sent them to AndrewJohn to see if he could make something happen with them.

The people at Kinkos were useless - and they wouldn't let me touch the scanner to see if I could make the output acceptable...

I haven't heard from Andrew since I sent them - maybe he decided to sell them on eBay ??  happy0009.gif 

EDIT - I just checked the tracking number and they were delivered on Monday.

Does anyone have a way to get in contact with Andrew ??? 

Stickers

Good to know about Kinkos I'm trying to scan 17x11 for the sencore service manual Dennis sent me and my work scanners mails it to your inbox, after a couple I overloaded the outlook server Opps. I was going to try kinkos's/fed ex next.

Any body know of a good 17x11 scanner that works and is worth buying.

As for andrew I haven't gotten a reply either from my Pm. For the sunfire MKII sub is that schematic availible? I am still drawing it up in cad but takes time.. (Cadsoft Eagle)

I borrowed a Mustek A3 2400 scanner last fall and it did a very good job. The 2400x2400 DPI resolution was nice. I wish I could justify buying one.

• Thank You 1

Stickers

I'm working on the ones I got but our scanners went down at work for a week plus (and as the IT guy it made my life hell getting then fixed since we use them daily). We just got em back working yesterday so I'm hoping to get some done shortly.

• Thank You 1

Lol You too!

looking at ordering a 2400 A3

mustek. Maybe donate to the site make it a road show type thing than anyone has a manual could scan it and add to the library.

Otherwise it would sit Idle for years at my place until I trashed it as it became obsolete...

Thoughts??

Do you guys prefer COLOR or Black and White for these scans?  I can do either but Color normally is fairly large in size.

Happy to do whatever, just Black and White is faster and "should" produce similar results... Going to start in Black and White as it looks very good on my scanner (400 x 400 DPI) and is very easy to read and zoom in on.

Also I'm guessing the schematics and whatnot should be BEFORE the Service Bulletins correct?

I'm also rotating the pages with the schematics to landscape if they are meant to be that way.  The larger pages (11x17) will be a single sheet as my scanner can do those large documents.