RichP714

Manuals not in the Library (wanted/needed)

B&W is clearer, usually. Gotta get the contrast right to make small letters legible. That's the biggest problem with scanned docs.

Yeah, I'm checking each page as some of them w graphs are better in grayscale.  So far no color.  I will upload what I have tonight and you guys can check and let me know what if they work for your purposes.

Doing the PM2.0t right now....

I'm also OCR'ing the document (text recognition) for whatever thats worth.
  • Thank You 1

So we're sending them to Dan...?eusa_dance.gif

HA!

I've got like 20 or so already hehehe... Let me get through these and make sure the ones I upload are "up to standards" before doing any more.

I've only got my lunch break to do them on and depending on the cleanup it might be a bit.  Today I got 7 done, most of which were for car amps, but the larger ones take longer.  I'm trying to make em look pretty for you fellas so I'm cropping off each page so you dont see where the binding was, and also ensuring it looks right which means re-scanning some in grayscale if black and white looks off....

Whats our Size limit on uploading these?  Some of these will be rather large despite all I can do to keep the size down....

...Whats our Size limit on uploading these?  Some of these will be rather large despite all I can do to keep the size down....

As small as possible without sacrificing readability. emwink.gif

FYI: The 57 page M-1.5t service manual I downloaded from our library is 46.2 MB 

Oh nothing that big yet.... Think the PM 2.0t was like 12 MG before I tweaked it.  Now its about 4.

@400 x 400 DPI you should be able to zoom REALLY far in and see as much detail as what was there.  Check out the PM 2.0t manual I will upload later to see if it is good enough.

How are you guys attaching these?

I've got through a couple of the ones Kevin sent me and need to upload them but not sure if they go here, and how to do it?

Are you guys just clicking the downloadable files button and then browsing to the location of what you've scanned?
  • Thank You 1

Admin/Mods:

as this crop of files comes in, I can see a couple of issues with handling the upload through cee-bang:

a. cee-bang renames the files according to date and time; they'd have to be re-named again before adding to the database

2. you'll have several hu8ndred mb of files named 2015xyz0029.pdf etc; hard to keep track 0of and delete once no longer needed (incorporated into database)

If you guys want, I can set up a drop box to store these files without renaming them until they're entered into the database.........

• Thank You 3

Stickers

Admin/Mods:

as this crop of files comes in, I can see a couple of issues with handling the upload through cee-bang:

a. cee-bang renames the files according to date and time; they'd have to be re-named again before adding to the database

2. you'll have several hu8ndred mb of files named 2015xyz0029.pdf etc; hard to keep track 0of and delete once no longer needed (incorporated into database)

If you guys want, I can set up a drop box to store these files without renaming them until they're entered into the database.........

The drop box sounds like a good idea if it's easier for you and Greg to upload them to the library later.

All right, I just downloaded and programmed Mike's DTL-200 User Manual into the database. I know what to do now, so nothing can stop me...but my day job!

I'm going to work on getting the backlog of donated manuals completed this month. Sorry for the delay.

If you have contacted me about manuals, and it's not in this thread, please give me a reminder and a link to your file or just email it to me (my email is on the Carvermk2 site).

Thanks! 
  • Thank You 6

Stickers

Every week or so, I check to see what progress might be happening with the downloading of new manuals. Does anyone have an idea how it's going? I am interested in the H9-AV service manual.  From what I can tell, this project is massive, but I thought that it couldn't hurt to ask.

The DropBox holding site just grew by 400%.  I added 6 Documents to the 2 Dennis has up there.

Just uploaded:

TX-2 Service Manual and Schematics - 600dpi
TX-10 Service Manual and Schematics - 600dpi
TX-11 Service Manual and Schematics - 600dpi
TX-11a Service Manual and Schematics - 600dpi
TX-11b Schematic (only) - 600dpi
TX-12 Service Manual and Schematics - 600dpi

(would have done this yesterday, but it was my birthday...)

Enjoy!
Andrew 
  • Thank You 4

Stickers

I added two files to the dropbox for you pdf builders

Carversitetemplate.pdf has the first page text I'd been putting in the manuals

carversitewatermark.jpg 

Settings for watermark:
20150423090027954.png 

I'm unsure if Greg wants this stuff in the docs anymore, but if so, here they are 
  • Thank You 3

Stickers

AndrewJohn has offered to help with coverpage and watermark processing. Thank you!

If we could please organize the dropbox so that we have folders named as such :

New (just downloaded and hasn't been prepared)
Processing (someone is preparing this document)
Ready for Site (ready to add to carversite database)
Completed (added to site db, archive)

This will help me keep track as things come and go.

Stickers