RichP714

Manuals not in the Library (wanted/needed)

AndrewJohn has offered to help with coverpage and watermark processing. Thank you!

If we could please organize the dropbox so that we have folders named as such :

New (just downloaded and hasn't been prepared)
Processing (someone is preparing this document)
Ready for Site (ready to add to carversite database)
Completed (added to site db, archive)

This will help me keep track as things come and go.

Sounds like a reasonable process. I'll check it and move some through later tonight.  (Got a family thing today...)

Cheers,
AndrewJohn 

Stickers

Andrew has graciously agreed to do the scanning and uploading for me, on the stack I have. I would like feedback from everyone on which of these manuals is in the library with a good copy already, to save Andrew the time of scanning ones that we already have good copies of:

C500

H9AV

M1.5

M200t

M1.0t

M.5t

TFM 42/45

TFM 22

TFM 25

M500

M500t

Silver 7t

M400 A,T

AV 64

C9

CM 1090

ALS Original

I don't know where to post this, but this seems to be a start. I have tried contacting Andrew John more than a couple of times in the last month with no reply.  I noticed that his last post here was back in June. I know that he was moving according to a post that he made. To get to the point, I am waiting for the H9 service manual to become available, and it looks like it may be awhile. I haven't seen any updates in this thread so I am asking anyone if they know the status of the H9 service manual. I remember that AJ last had it. Thanks for your help. Greg

Well, this is once again another one of those things that people volunteered to help with but didn't follow through.

On my end, I have to get my software updated to edit Access files. But I'll go through the dropbox and at least post the links to the manuals.

• Thank You 2

Stickers

Well, this is once again another one of those things that people volunteered to help with but didn't follow through.

On my end, I have to get my software updated to edit Access files. But I'll go through the dropbox and at least post the links to the manuals.

I dropped the ball on contacting Andrew - no excuses, and I sincerely apologize. I'll attempt contact this weekend, and post the results...

FWIW    I have sent a letter to Andrew just last Thursday. It may arrive there Monday or Tuesday. I am only requesting information about the manual that I need. I don't believe that there was any finger pointing or anything like that. In my case, I simply CANNOT find ANY other source for this manual. Now to know that it is out there, I am more than eager to get a copy of it. Have been for years. Even though I contributed to this cause, I would gladly pay for a copy of this manual if I could find one.

Greg 

I owe you guys an apology for being slow on this.  I have some of the manuals scanned at work that I will get uploaded after the 21st (I'm on vacation as I type this).

I will also commit to spending more time scanning the manuals at work during the week to try and complete the remaining ones I have.

If you go through the thread and see one that I HAVE that you NEED SOON, let me know and I will push it to the front of the line.  I have some of the mobile manuals and some of the pro manuals IIRC, but I havent checked.

I did not anticipate that the pages would be different sizes and require paying more attention to them to ensure the text is readable, so that has slowed things down to where I cant just set and forget them.

HOWEVER that is not a good enough excuse given the amount of time I have had them.  So I will simply say sorry and I will attempt to do better. 

• Thank You 1

....Someone check the PM 2.0t and tell me if its readable enough or if I need to re-do it.

A couple of pages are a little light (faded) but the resolution is good when you zoom in so I'd say it's fine.

THANKS BEAN! 

Ok.  Got a bunch more to go so feel free to hassle me till I get em done.  Mine are mostly the mobile ones and some of the pro-amps IIRC....... 

All will be scanned by-
Pro Amps-14(Bean)
Car amps-5(Bean)
Tape Decks-5(Bean)

Just so I can remember which sections I have. 

I am in search of the repair manual for the TX1-11 outboard unit. Does anyone know if there was one in the large eBay collection from last spring, and if so, who has it to scan? 

Stickers

^Per your request here is a list of who has what sections 

All will be scanned by-
Preamps-10 (DennisMiller)
Amps-14(DaddtJT)
Pro Amps-14(Bean)
Car amps-5(Bean)
Receivers-7 (DennisMiller)
Tuners-5(B-Man)
Tape Decks-5(Bean)
CD Players-4 (DennisMiller)
Processors and Speakers- 3 (DaddyJT)

Thanks, guys!
Remember- you will be getting ALL that I have in a given category, whether we need it or not. Then you can just upload the new ones, or better ones, to the library thread. That way Rich could upload them to the DB.
Put the Bulletins at the end of each manual, too. 
I excited to we will have some not available anywhere else on the internet.

Maybe we should  keep those in the Resident Area? Non-residents can ask Residents for a copy, etc. Maybe we need a "Keeper of Manuals". I would nominate Mark(Daddyjt)

And here is the list of the manuals we got 

Looks like we will be adding a few SERVICE MANUALS...
C-2
C-6
C-11
C-16
M-1.5
TL-3100 
TL-3200
TL-3300
TX-2
TX-10 
TX-11
TX-11b
M2120
M2060
M4120
M4060
TD-1200
TD-1400
TD-1700
TDR-2400
PST-24
AVR-100
Receiver 6200
H-9AV
PM-CX4
AV-64
PT-1250
PM-100
PM-120
PM-175
PM-200
PM-600
PM-900
These were oddly organized, by strict numerical order. I put them together by type, in Alpha-Numerical order. Sort of. Easier for me to find. Some of these may be more inclusive or better detail of ones we have, too. In all about 67 Service Manuals, approx half of which we don't have. Good deal, I say.

Any update on when the C-6/C-16 Service Manual will be available? I have looked in the dropbox folder and I only see C-6/C-16 Schematics. Thank you.

^Per your request here is a list of who has what sections 

All will be scanned by-
Preamps-10 (DennisMiller)

Amps-14(DaddtJT)
Pro Amps-14(Bean)
Car amps-5(Bean)
Receivers-7 (DennisMiller)
Tuners-5(B-Man)
Tape Decks-5(Bean)
CD Players-4 (DennisMiller)
Processors and Speakers- 3 (DaddyJT)

Thanks, guys!
Remember- you will be getting ALL that I have in a given category, whether we need it or not. Then you can just upload the new ones, or better ones, to the library thread. That way Rich could upload them to the DB.
Put the Bulletins at the end of each manual, too. 
I excited to we will have some not available anywhere else on the internet.

Maybe we should  keep those in the Resident Area? Non-residents can ask Residents for a copy, etc. Maybe we need a "Keeper of Manuals". I would nominate Mark(Daddyjt)

Some recent PM's got me thinking - 

From this list above, I was asked to do some scanning - way back when.  The large format (C and D sized CAD drawings for the Tuners, and some overflow from DaddyJT.  

Fast forward - I think everyone did a great job getting these done - The ones I was asked to do were scanned in 600dpi, the digital scans (high-resolution PDFs, some in large format) were sent over to Dom as the administrator and keeper of the manuals library.

I think uploading these to the Library on the old site, is on hold due to the fragile nature, perhaps, but also because the new site is coming.  But, to my knowledge they are all available from Dom. 

Here's what Dom has from me (Both Paper originals and Scans in both clean w/o and with CarverSite! watermarks):

Large format Tuners:
20170217195201119.jpg 
Processors and Amps
20170217195309251.jpg 

• Thank You 1

Stickers