RichP714

Manuals not in the Library (wanted/needed)

It's okay to add files to the server.

The tricky part in all of this is editing the database document. If anyone has some knowledge in Access db - then the database page on the site can be updated to reflect what we have on the server.

I don't have the time to audit the current database with what is on the server and incorporate changes and updates. This is time consuming, but really not that hard to do, it just takes some dedicated time to get it done.

Whether now or later - this will need to be done by one of us because the developers are not going to organize our manuals... 

Stickers

Dennis,

Unfortunately, this has always been a subject of controversy. Some say that Rich acquired many manual illegitimately, and by placing a watermark and security key on them we are implying that the manuals belong to the site.

In reality, Rich intended the manuals to be free and accessible to everyone, and protected them so that charlatans couldn't sell them on Ebay, etc.

I would like us to adhere to Rich's standard:

Coverpage
Watermark
No-edit, No copy Security Key

• Thank You 4

Stickers

It's okay to add files to the server.

The tricky part in all of this is editing the database document. If anyone has some knowledge in Access db - then the database page on the site can be updated to reflect what we have on the server.

I don't have the time to audit the current database with what is on the server and incorporate changes and updates. This is time consuming, but really not that hard to do, it just takes some dedicated time to get it done.

Whether now or later - this will need to be done by one of us because the developers are not going to organize our manuals... 

I have some experience with Access if you can let me know what you want done.

The scans I did have the cover page and watermark, per the instructions Rich posted long ago.

I can do the others - or any of them that are missing those two parts (I have Distiller 9 - the last perpetual license Adobe Distiller - it creates these kind of PDF's - now they want $15/mo to have a 1 year subscription!)

Just let me know how I can help. 
  • Thank You 1

Stickers

Zumbini has been managing the manuals. He has access to the server to download the pdf's and I believe he has the latest Access File...so please coordinate with him.

And if you are using tools for the site, just let me know and I can reimburse your expenses.

Thank you all for working on the manuals - it's a very large task. 

Stickers

Hey does anyone know where I can get the proper manual for the Berwin Research 7000a Pop/click eliminator?

I wanted to try one of these instead of the SAE 5000A as I have been told the BR unit does a better job of removing occasional  pops and clicks without effecting the vinyl playback as much as the SAE 5000a does.

I found, what look to be a partial manual but it does not explain how to adjust the two main controls on the unit.

I used a SAE 5000 back in the late 70's and early 80's but sold it when I bought a new CD player.

I wish this site offered as many manuals that can be allowed like they do with all the Carver equipment.

I realize the servers can only support so much information but it would be great if we could post manuals we all have to a place on the site. 

Just a thought for my favorite web site on the net Cool

Hi Steven,
I have been having good luck finding manuals and schematics on vintage gear on the HI-FI Engine site.. Found info on a 1965 Bogen tube receiver on there yesterday.. You have to sign up but it is free.. Good resource. 

Stickers

Hi from FNG
As usual the new guy needs help. I am trying to locate a service manual for an A500x. Can find user manual. Anybody out there in Carved land know where I can find one? Let me know if contributions are still accepted to grow the library.
Bbob 

Hi from FNG
As usual the new guy needs help. I am trying to locate a service manual for an A500x. Can find user manual. Anybody out there in Carved land know where I can find one? Let me know if contributions are still accepted to grow the library.
Bbob 

Howdy Bbob and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you on board.

I do NOT have an A-500x service manual in the pile of documents that are pending publication. However, HiFiEngine has the A-760x service manual and A-400x schematics which may be helpful. (You'll need to create a user account in order to download them.)

Good luck with your quest!

A-500x, A-753x, and A-760x all covered in the same manual.  It's very thin on information - schematic and parts lists only.

Robert: I read through the HiFiEngine A-760x "service manual" (specs, schematics, and BOM). I see notes for the A-500x but none for the A-753x. Do you have access to a different, more complete document?

No, Z, it's the same document. You have to look very carefully for the subtle details. The schematic is for the 760, but shows asterisks on the extra output transistors, and associated resistors, plus a full-length heat sink, all of which are omitted on the 500/753 models. So same boards, but those in the less powerful versions are not fully populated.

The 753 is nearly identical to the 500, but of course has one more amp channel board, and all that goes with that: another meter, another set of parts on the mother board in front where the amp boards plug in. I suspect also a different power transformer, capable of higher wattage. And for the 760, I'd guess higher voltage secondaries, as well.

I haven't looked at it for a while, but I think if you check the parts lists you will find a few references to the 753, where there are differences. Maybe a 753 face-plate with three meter holes, etc. The manual issue was a pretty sloppy rush job, it seems, done on the cheap. Probably relates to the fact that the company was on it's way to going belly-up. Sad, because these are really good amps. Wish somebody knew what the bias setting specs were...

RR
  • Thank You 2

Hello all,

I just picked up a Phase Linear 5000 Series 2 tuner and I need an owner/service manual.

Let me know.

Thanks....Carter