• Announcements

• Nahash5150

Engine Upgrade   04/19/18

The website will be receiving a security and feature patch. But I didn't get to it yesterday, so stay tuned for reschedule.  
RichP714

Favorite Pictures

20140213142327684.jpeg

Chrysler air raid siren.

Built during the World War II and Cold War era from 1952-1957 (second generation) by Chrysler, its power plant contained a newly designed Fire Power Hemi V8 engine with a displacement of 331-cubic-inch (5.42 l) and producing 180 horsepower (130 kW).

Its six horns were each 3 feet (0.9 m) long. The siren could be heard from a distance of 20 to 25 miles (32 to 40 km) away and had an output of 138 dBC (30,000) watts. They were 12 feet (3.7 m) long, built atop a quarter section of a Dodge truck chassis rail, and weighed an estimated 3 short tons (2.7 t).

In 1952, the cost of a Chrysler Air Raid siren was $5,500.00. (Approximately $43,966.48 in 2009 dollars.) The United States government helped buy sirens for selected state and county law enforcement agencies around the country. In Los Angeles County, six were placed around key locations of populated areas, and another ten were sold to other government agencies in the State of California. These "Big Red Whistles" (as they were nicknamed) were only ever used for test purposes. Some were located so remotely that they deteriorated due to lack of maintenance.

The main purpose of the siren was to warn the public in the event of a nuclear attack by the Soviets, during the Cold War. The operator's job was to start the engine and bring it up to operating speed, then to pull and release the transmission handle to start the wailing signal generation. The Chrysler air raid siren produced the loudest sound ever achieved by an air raid siren.

• Thank You 3

They say a picture is worth a thousand words LOL

?auth=co&id=244487&part=2.2

And in this case "Blank" comes to mind. happy0009.gif
  • Thank You 1

grand-enigma-speakers.jpg
Kharma Grand Enigma Reference System ($1,000,000)
The Grand Enigma Reference System was a custom project designed and build by Kharma in a huge atomic cellar in Belgium and has become a statement in the high-end audio world and set a new level to luxury. 

A line source of 16 air-motion transformers, the dynamic midrange of 24 x 7-inch drivers and 12 x 15-inch subwoofers makes this enormous sound system suited to relive every concert. The total power of this system combined with the impressive dimensions of 3.5 m (H) x 3.8 m (W) x 1 m (D) requires an extraordinary location, an atomic cellar. Just to mention the previous properties mentioned is only half of the Grand Enigma Reference System. 

The total Grand Enigma Reference System has immense properties and illustrates that Kharma goes beyond imagination. Even when you think you have seen it all, Kharma amazes again.  

• Thank You 1

dark_knight_themed_home_theater.jpg

They went the extra mile with all the little details in that theater! But it's kinda crowded. I imagine once the lights go out, you have to find your way back to your seat by ultrasonic echo...

• Thank You 1

20140215222533382.jpg

Me at the PGA championship when it was in Wisconsin a few years ago.  Red shirt.  Beautiful course and beautiful day.  Stood 10 feet from Tiger on one tee.  First and only time I've ever been in awe of someone. 
  • Thank You 1

20140215222533382.jpg

Me at the PGA championship when it was in Wisconsin a few years ago.  Red shirt.  Beautiful course and beautiful day.  Stood 10 feet from Tiger on one tee.  First and only time I've ever been in awe of someone. 

That's cool, what part of Wisconsin? 

• Thank You 1

Those were Infinity's flagship back in the day the Infinity IRS series speakers. Not sure if those are the IRS II's.
  • Thank You 1