Gene C

Favorite Pictures

17 hours ago, Nahash5150 said:

Flashback Pic! Uploaded on 12/21/08 by @RichP714.

According to the database, this is the first picture ever uploaded to the site in a post.

LED-Mount.jpg

I remember those LED's.  I used to glue small carpet tacks to the bottom slug for a heat sink, and to stabilize orientation in the boot

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

On 3/7/2019 at 7:02 PM, kve777 said:

I used to be able to check the brake lights of a car by hitting the brake pedal then immediately going to the back and see them on. Now with LED's they turn off a bit too quickly...

I guess the point is that all of those cable advertisements that talk about deformations of the crystal lattice in a conductor slowing down the signal, micro-diode effects and other BS are just that.  The electric field if felt instantaneously (close enough for DC and AC below about 250kHz) because it doesn't travel through the crystal lattice of the material, electron by electron.  That propagation (electron drift velocity) can take several minutes, and would be impeded by imperfections.

The conduction band of electrons can be thought of as a highly reflective cloud of electrons surrounding the crystal lattice; each electron doesn't have to have an ID badge and be admitted, travel and then exit the wire.  The electron charge hops instantly along the electron cloud, irrespective (until you get into the gHz range) of lattice imperfections)

1 hour ago, RichP714 said:

I guess the point is that all of those cable advertisements that talk about deformations of the crystal lattice in a conductor slowing down the signal, micro-diode effects and other BS are just that.  The electric field if felt instantaneously (close enough for DC and AC below about 250kHz) because it doesn't travel through the crystal lattice of the material, electron by electron.  That propagation (electron drift velocity) can take several minutes, and would be impeded by imperfections.

The conduction band of electrons can be thought of as a highly reflective cloud of electrons surrounding the crystal lattice; each electron doesn't have to have an ID badge and be admitted, travel and then exit the wire.  The electron charge hops instantly along the electron cloud, irrespective (until you get into the gHz range) of lattice imperfections)

So does this mean that high-end power cables DO make a difference? 😱

Good day to you, I just want to share these photo's I'm keeping in my cellphone, I got these from my boss' place when we had a training/meeting for a certain brand of safe/vault last month, first time ever to see these things.. 

Thank you,

Bobby1970

20190301_144327_.jpg

20190301_144349_.jpg

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3

Thought I should post these pix again, these are taken before the site problem.. date I posted these is April 23, maybe other posts near this date is affected by the problem the site had... 

Overwhelming   Comments on Carversite by DrummerJuice

drum1.thumb.PNG.f3178ee37a4f407c05fb2353325a6545.PNG

drum2.PNG

drum3.PNG

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daddyjt said:

00F8D64B-BC90-4FDD-A0E4-6CD2AB0BBAE9.jpeg

HOW TO ASSEMBLE:

Day 1.

486661321_Day1.jpg.293d6bbb192c77417ca728de1201a993.jpg

🍕   ...................     🎷 ..................         

Last day..

1814765818_Day2.jpg.e32f839205c3e89c96a556e2680099a6.jpg

• Haha 2

I'm currenty working on a project in a CSX Rail switching yard and I ran accross this rail car the other day . The art work on this car is some one of  the best I've seen. These pictures don't do it justice. Every time I see this car it freaks me out.....

1679662214_untitled5.thumb.png.ffc7a677daf90f88736e7e32e0a930ea.png

untitled.thumb.png.a0ff3814c894329cc301a1649fa5543c.png

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2