Gene C

Favorite Pictures

3 hours ago, Schurkey said:

What company posed this photo?  Obviously the iron isn't hot, because OSHA has outlawed asbestos fingers.  Which means the photo was posed using an actor to simulate doing something productive on a circuit board as a publicity deal--advertising, or a company newsletter.  "Here, honey, put on the silly glasses, hold this, and look intently at that thingie on the table in front of you..."

It was an ancillary photo in a story I was reading about getting more women into the STEM fields. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

It was an ancillary photo in a story I was reading about getting more women into the STEM fields. 

My God, that's priceless.  Not just propaganda, not just leftist propaganda, but leftist, feminist, academician, artificially-posed mush-head propaganda, turned upside-down by the very problem it hopes to fix.

Propaganda does not get any better than that.  Or any worse.  It's beautiful AND horrifying.

You've selected your photo well.  Congratulations.

Edited by Schurkey
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

fun with Bixby vision:

A local integrative care facility sells our products in the lobby, as well as using a special blend of our purifying hand soap in their bathrooms.

They recently up-sized into a new building, and as a gift I gave them a box of kokuto  (Okinawan black sugar blocks) for their tea bar.

Kokuto is fantastic, if you've never had it.

Anyway, I got to play around with the Bixby translator app:

kokuto.png     kokuto2.png

Edited by RichP714
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Stickers

25 minutes ago, RichP714 said:

mockup-7f4655ad.jpg

Shouldn't there be a sign with an arrow saying "You Are Here"?

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

I love this time of the year...

The Elk rutting season - I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing the bulls bugling outside my bedroom window in the middle of the night.

ELK.jpg

Edited by itchitch
  • Thank You 3
  • Love this! 2

Explanation: Is it possible to capture the entire plane of our galaxy in a single image? Yes, but not in one exposure -- and it took some planning to do it in two. The top part of the featured image is the night sky above Lebanon, north of the equator, taken in 2017 June. The image was taken at a time when the central band of the Milky Way Galaxy passed directly overhead. The bottom half was similarly captured six months later in latitude-opposite Chile, south of Earth's equator. Each image therefore captured the night sky in exactly the opposite direction of the other, when fully half the Galactic plane was visible. The southern half was then inverted -- car and all -- and digitally appended to the top half to show the entire central band of our Galaxy, as a circle, in a single image. Many stars and nebulas are visible, with the Large Magellanic Cloud being particularly notable inside the lower half of the complete galactic circle.

See Explanation.  Clicking on the picture will download  the highest resolution version available.

• That Rocks 1

Stickers

1 hour ago, jvandyke_texas said:

I need a trip to the Atacama desert before it gets light polluted.

Have you been to Sedona?  They have a star party sort of thing for tourists; you all meet up in a dark field and walk to the site; the guide gives you a tour of the night sky with (in our case) a 12" dobsonian.  A very nice dark site.

• Thank You 1

Stickers