Jump to content

DrummerJuice

Members
  • Content Count

    735
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

DrummerJuice last won the day on November 3 2019

DrummerJuice had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

861 Excellent

About DrummerJuice

  • Rank
    TO-225 Transistor
  • Birthday 08/27/1966

Personal Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    49.6776268789375,-124.98098287529751
  • RealName
    Owen Smith
  • Occupation
    Drummer/Realtor

Recent Profile Visitors

2,238 profile views
  1. You know you're getting old when an "all-nighter" means you slept all night and didn't have to get up to go pee!
  2. DrummerJuice

    COVID-19

    Way ahead of schedule!
  3. Classic B-side! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxOJ7hh3H-I&feature=youtu.be
  4. DrummerJuice

    COVID-19

    Which is the "Curve flattening" that everyone is talking about!
  5. DrummerJuice

    Copper

    Canadian pennies had a high copper content until about 1997. I believe they are now copper plated zinc!
  6. DrummerJuice

    Copper

    That explains your Avatar! Lol
  7. DrummerJuice

    COVID-19

    My wife put it quite succinctly! Yes people will get it and some will die, but the hysteria is due to the fact that a lot will die unnecessarily because of the lack of ventilators. 80% of people will have a mild case (mild meaning not needing supplemental oxygen). The other 20% will need oxygen and/or a ventilator. This is where the rubber meets the road, because this virus spreads so rapidly, there will not be enough ventilators to go around. When we are talking about hundreds of thousands of cases, and even the "mild" patients will be clogging up the hospitals... there will be some unnecessary deaths. My understanding is that for my community of 60,000 people, our regional hospital currently has 3 ventilators and 5 Covid-19 patients! Edit after the fact: Spoke with my wife's friend who is a nurse and she said that no one is currently in the local hospital with symptoms and the 5 that we heard of from another source may have been mild and sent home to self-quarantine. Will get another update tomorrow.
  8. DrummerJuice

    Copper

    Should start gargling with pennies (they're not good for anything else anymore)!
  9. DrummerJuice

    COVID-19

    I totally agree. Unfortunately we all know someone with a compromised immune system or who is in poor health (ie: parents, friends and family) and if I catch it, I can bring it home to my family. This is the site I check daily for a snapshot of what's going on in the world. (no inflammatory language... just numbers!) https://www.bing.com/covid?ref=msn From what I see, the countries that are hit the hardest have a 2-4% mortality rate. That would be 1 to 2 dead per 50 people that catch it. Many of us have a sphere of influence much higher than 50. I happen to know quite a few educated, knowledgeable people in the Healthcare space (Doctors, and nurses) and they have serious concerns and are not taking this lightly. Sounds like it has the potential to be like the Spanish flu which was devastating (especially when it came back)!
  10. My family and I have used this time constructively to learn new skills... such as how make toilet paper out of wonton wrappers, pita, and naan bread!
  11. The WAF is a big hurdle! They do seem like an excellent bargain considering the quality of sound/$.
  12. DrummerJuice

    COVID-19

    This is scarier than I thought!
  13. DrummerJuice

    COVID-19

    I'm glad that in this time of crisis that cooler heads have prevailed and we haven't seen mass Luteing!
  14. Congrats to AJ! And thank you to Charlie for an awesome Karma!
×
×
  • Create New...