From the Admin [old version]

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/6/2014 at 8:48 PM, Nahash5150 said:

Hello all! I hope you're enjoying the Carversite! and all it has to offer. 

The current Administrators are:

B-Man - Administrator

Sk1bum - Community Administrator

Nahash5150 - Tech Staff

The current Moderators are:

Compwaco - Chief Global Moderator

DennisMiller55 - Content Manager

Charlie - Global Moderator

Kve777 - Global Moderator

An Administrator's job is to protect the community. Admins also assign medals/badges, approve new arrivals, organize the boards, moderate threads, assign roles, maintain the database, enforce the rules, and manage complaints. They also present ideas to the leadership for possible implementation.

Moderators keep the boards safe and fun. Moderators are not here to stifle free-speech, arm-twist or intimidate participants. They ensure that threads are kept organized and remain on-topic, and as active participants themselves, preserve the spirit of the community. Moderators, like the Admins, are here for you so that you feel welcome to share and participate without the worry of being harassed or flamed for it.

If you have just signed up, then you are Inbound rank. You have limited access and you can't upload files yet. In order to advance to basic membership, you need over 6 positive reputation points. Reactions, such as 'thank you' to your content increase your positive reputation.

There are three basic member Roles:

Novice

Resident

A Novice is new to the forum. They have limited access but can participate in the most popular forums such as Way Offscale and The Chain. In order to advance to Member, we expect a certain amount of activity to evaluate their willingness to be a part of the community. The post count required to advance to Member is 100. (If you are currently a Member and don't have 100 posts, you will not be 'demoted').

A Member is considered an active participant. They have nearly full access to the site and its resources, and can progress in rank and earn medals by sharing their experiences in the audio world with the Site. As time goes on, a Member can eventually become a Resident or play a role as part of the Administration.

A Resident is a highly active member who calls this place home and acts as a council member with the Administration. Residents are participants who are willing to take on the challenge of discussing site policies and provide the site with valuable resources - such as funds, time and talents. Greatly concerned for the site's well-being, Residents work hard to welcome new 'inbounds', encourage participation by starting topics of interest - and offer Karmas, skills and knowledge to all who visit.

There is a special Member Role:

Carver repair/mod Team

Carver repair/mod Team - Chosen only by the Administrator, these members are trusted with their skill to work on audio gear. They actively take work and offer a variety of services. They are also essential to the site's 'helpful hand' in assisting those who need help with their troubled gear. Carver Repair Team members are also Residents by default.

There are two consequential Roles:

Retired

Sandbox

A Retired Member is a participant who has either shown a disinterest in the community but has not violated the rules, or one who has 'moved on' and no longer wishes to be an active member. This is not a disdained Role, but a Role for members who for one reason or another, do not wish to be part of the community's growth (for example). Retirement is a friendly, mutual agreement between the administration and the member. Retired members have limited access.

When a participant is Sandboxed, they have violated the forums rules. A warning is always issued before a participant is Sandboxed. If the warning is ignored, and participant continues to break rules or cause trouble - an Administrator, with the consent of the Moderators, will curtail their activity for an indefinite amount of time. Removal of the Sandbox status can only be done by the Site Owner or Administrator.

This forum has a lot of options for you to find information, participate, and organize how you read and keep up with activity. Remember that you can do the following:

- Follow a Topic (so that if anyone posts to it, you are notified)

- Follow a Member (so that you are notified of Status Updates and more)

- Post a Status Update (a personal message for your friends that is public access)

- Send Private messages

- View Activity according to date, member, or topic (check 'Activity' in the top menu)

- Post pictures and even create a gallery (Novice or above rank)

- Share links, videos and files

- Browse technical Manuals, white papers and spec sheets

And so much more!

Our goal is to maintain a site that is welcoming, helpful, courteous and fun. With audio and Carver as our common ground, we wish to stay focused on the music, and all the creativity that results.

Have a great day!

Hashy 

Thank you for inviting me in. Since my best fried turned me on to the Carver would ive been hooked & obtained a set of origanal CAL"s that have ribbon issues. Ive been researching & attemting to repair myself. Magnets have been my #1 issue. Ive Dj in my family bar for 18yrs giving it up bout 8yrs ago due to lose of desire. once hearing my friends silver editions perform i became focused on having my own. Ive obtained 2 T1 carver amps & a av100 receiver that i bought due to its almost mint condition. Ive recently have had some health issues that have put a hault to my obsession of returnig these first adition cals to there amazing origanal condition so that i may dj in my family bar once again but in reinvented form of my prior self & turn the local population on to what is the most sound changing experience of my life. I willing to do what i have to to climb your military rackings in order to so. Ive already have hrs apon hrs of research on bob rite from of his Macintosh testing days & even the goverment speaker he built in college that i do beleave is still in use today. also the story of his first sub woofer & deal he made with wife but im sure u already know all this. well thats about it,ty for your time, i hope to hear from u. I will try & check in but im far from a computor nerd jus a huge music & fond respect & appreciation on Mr.CArvers amazing career. Thank you vrey ,James Sweeney Jr.

6 minutes ago, James Sweeney said:

yes i am ty, still working on the navigation of site but ill figure it ,thanks again for having me

James, please start a new thread in the Welcome Shop introducing yourself. This thread is basically for Administrator announcements and discussion of those announcements. 

The Welcome Shop is one level up in the directory tree, or you can click here.

• The title was changed to From the Admin [old version]
  • This topic was unfeatured, featured, unfeatured and unpinned