Greetings from Chicago

The shelves are adjustable in the cabinet. It was a must since I change things more often then I would like to admit and it is built into the wall. Here's a picture where you can see some of the good, the bad and the ugly. LOL.

20140604123035370.jpg

I built the HTPC. I'm a IT Infrastructure Architect so anything computer/server/network/digital/etc peeks my interest. It's a SilverStone case using a fanless SeaSonic PS with an Asus Maximus VI Gene board, i7, G.Skill RAM, M2 SSD for OS and 7K Seagate drives for libraries. There is a Ceton InfiniTV6 card to provide 6 HD cable tuners and a Hauppauge 2250 card for 2 OTA HD & SD tuners. This of course means that I don't pay the cable company a dime for equipment and they in fact give me a $2.50 credit each month to use their cable card. Every room has access to everything using WMC, MCE, RP, XBMC, Plex, ServerWMC and every other technology at one point or another. All the speakers in the house are currently powered by Carver amps and have access to a massive media library including music, movies, tv series, recorded tv shows, live tv, pictures, emulated video games, etc. All cell phones, tablets, smart tvs, remote computers can also connect to everything via WiFi, BT, internet, 3G, 4G, transcoding, etc.
  • Thank You 1

Wow, I like the side door for access! emidea.gif And getting all that gear up closer to eye level must be convenient- both for adjusting and for ogling!

Unfortunately, I don't understand a word you said about your PC. I'll just take it for granted that it must kick butt! emteeth.gif 

What is FLAC?

Free Lossless Audio Codec. It's a codec for lossless compression of digital audio. Digital audio compressed by FLAC's algorithm can typically be reduced to 50–60% of its original size and decompressed to an identical copy of the original audio data.
  • Thank You 1

I built the HTPC. I'm a IT Infrastructure Architect so anything computer/server/network/digital/etc peeks my interest. It's a SilverStone case using a fanless SeaSonic PS with an Asus Maximus VI Gene board, i7, G.Skill RAM, M2 SSD for OS and 7K Seagate drives for libraries. There is a Ceton InfiniTV6 card to provide 6 HD cable tuners and a Hauppauge 2250 card for 2 OTA HD & SD tuners. This of course means that I don't pay the cable company a dime for equipment and they in fact give me a $2.50 credit each month to use their cable card. Every room has access to everything using WMC, MCE, RP, XBMC, Plex, ServerWMC and every other technology at one point or another. All the speakers in the house are currently powered by Carver amps and have access to a massive media library including music, movies, tv series, recorded tv shows, live tv, pictures, emulated video games, etc. All cell phones, tablets, smart tvs, remote computers can also connect to everything via WiFi, BT, internet, 3G, 4G, transcoding, etc.

Ok.  Now I think I love you.  emlove.gif

Welcome aboard progets- sorry to be late to the party. That's a mighty nice looking rack you've got;-)

One of the cleanest installs I've seen too... Very nice:-)

Surprisingly no but I do make and build just about everything. You know what they say, "if you want something done right..."

It's interesting that you chose that photo. If you look at the shelf below where the stainless hose comes out you'll see more audio gear. Lol.

Surprisingly no but I do make and build just about everything. You know what they say, "if you want something done right..."

Amen! Great job on your projects! msp_thumbup.gif

It's interesting that you chose that photo. If you look at the shelf below where the stainless hose comes out you'll see more audio gear. Lol.
That's a serious interconnect! I bet that steel gooseneck armor blocks out all interference! Which components do you have in those shelves?

The soda system pictures are several years old so it's hard to say what was there at the time. I think I can make out a black Carver rack mount handle near the bottom.

That's one of my audio overstock areas, both then and now. LOL. That gear isn't hooked up. Today there is a HTPC, SD/A-490T, TFM-15, an Audio Source amp and pre-amp and maybe a 4 head Sony VCR in that area.

Thanks guys. I try.

Zoom, in love already? I haven't even made you dinner or showed you my soda system yet. LOL. http://www.progets.com/food

Zoom, the wedding is off now that I see you're a Mopar guy in another post. Everyone knows that good guys wear Bowties. ;-)

20140604200811906.jpg 

Ah, hell.  I forgive you. 
Everyone makes mistakes.   Nice old big block, btw.  Gotta admire GM for trying...emwink.gif.

I'm a speed freak, (Zoom!) so I ride Hondas on dirt and the road.  But for a cruiser, I would try a Harley.  A 1200 sporty, or a Night Train.   My heart is really set on an old V-Max as soon as my back can't handle my c-rocket anymore.

I am really intrigued by your media setup and filesharing, though.  You should start a thread someday with some info on that, since that is your forte.  I really suck at file sharing and networking, even though I have a setup with the WMC Extender, and an Apple TV.  The file managers really suck, and controlling them with the remotes is miserable. 

I know you use XBMC, but how do you control it etc.....??? 

And you haven't mentioned anything about your beer tap.  You have to have one of those somewhere in that sweet serving area......

Welcome to the site! a bit late but I've been busy..

I love the diversity here of audio formats, even though I'm an older engineer I know FLAC!

Great build on the Rack!