Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Many of you may never see one of these. If you need a nice shop, garage or spare room receiver, it's a great choice. Another Soundstream C-1 was taken out when we lost power recently, so I went to the reserves and spotted this AVR-100 that I bought last October for $50(eBay, including shipping) that I had yet to try. Reported to have no output. I hooked it up to my cable box, Technics SL-1600 and TL-3200 with just a couple of Polk Monitor 7A's.Sounds pretty darn good. ACCD and SH in one, with a remote!(I had a remote from a July, 2013 purchase, $27.75 w/shipping) So it's kind of like having an MXR150 with a remote and SH. I'm pretty sure I just need to do the relays and clean the pots. Anybody else have one?
20140614124258358.jpg
  • Thank You 2
  • 6 years later...

Yes, I’ve had mine since 1987 that I bought from SoundsGreat. It finally died last year and my certified local carver repair tech said it needed output relays that he could. OT obtain anywhere. If anyone has those, I’d love to talk with yo7 about getting them. If not, I’d like to sell this one to a good stereo repair person for parts. Let me know!  Thanks!

• Community Admin
23 hours ago, DavidGrapka said:

Yes, I’ve had mine since 1987 that I bought from SoundsGreat. It finally died last year and my certified local carver repair tech said it needed output relays that he could. OT obtain anywhere. If anyone has those, I’d love to talk with yo7 about getting them. If not, I’d like to sell this one to a good stereo repair person for parts. Let me know!  Thanks!

Hello David, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

I suggest you start a new thread in the Receivers area of the forum. If you decide that you want to sell your AVR-100, you'll be able to list it in The Trading Post once you get to Novice status. You will also be able to post pictures.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif