CSNY 1974 New Release

pindrop

I'm in receipt and am riveted by its clarity, it's just unbelievable. I didn't know they were able to record a live concert this well back in '74. So between how well they could record back then and all the technological advances there have been since then, this collection of cherry picked songs from the tour, this is by far and away the best sound recording of a live concert I have ever heard from this genre'. The perspective of your seated position sounds like midway between the stage and the mixing booth and the crowd applause wraps around you in two channel. I can only imagine what this sounds like in the blueray 24/192 version as I don't have one but WOW!!! If you have any appreciation of these guys and love to listen to awesome live recordings, don't walk, run to grab this one it really is that good. Graham did a heck of a job bringing this forward.msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif If I had 3 thumbs, they would all be pointed up! Great live recording. SH works very well with this too.

Thumbs up here too. Every cut is a surprise. You think you've heard CSN&Y? Listen to this. Recorded in an era when a live performance meant live and new. Not note for note duplication of the album.

I'm waiting for the Reel to Reel, or the 8-Track. My AKAI tape machine plays both. Well, either, if you put both on, you have to pick one. There is a switch for that. It's pretty hi tech, some of you guys might not understand. I was able to transfer the music from all of my old records on to tapes, one for the house, one for the Vega. Then I just throw out that vinyl crap, just gets scratched and collects dust. I like the covers, though. I glue them to my walls instead of wallpaper. If you put glue inside, they stay flatter on the wall. You can actually use the vinyl, if you want. It's kinda cool to have Pink Floyd chip bowls and ash trays. I glued numbers on a Beatles record that was red vinyl and made a clock out of it. Looks so cool.

I'm waiting for the Reel to Reel, or the 8-Track. My AKAI tape machine plays both. Well, either, if you put both on, you have to pick one. There is a switch for that. It's pretty hi tech, some of you guys might not understand. I was able to transfer the music from all of my old records on to tapes, one for the house, one for the Vega. Then I just throw out that vinyl crap, just gets scratched and collects dust. I like the covers, though. I glue them to my walls instead of wallpaper. If you put glue inside, they stay flatter on the wall. You can actually use the vinyl, if you want. It's kinda cool to have Pink Floyd chip bowls and ash trays. I glued numbers on a Beatles record that was red vinyl and made a clock out of it. Looks so cool.

Cringe !!!!  Did someone just run their fingernails across the chalkboard? LOL  Vinyl guys are crying here emcry.gif