Second Carver pre so now it's member time.

Welcome aboard, Ben!  Sorry to be late to the party, but I just got back from vacation.  I am in total agreement with Brian (B-Man) - there are some great techs HERE, but most of us do have "Day jobs", and we do this as a hobby.  If you have a little bit of patience, we can really inprove some of your vintage Carver gear.

I am a home theater buff myself, and like you, I take pride in the ambiance of my HT, as well as the performance:-)

Nicely done!!
  • Thank You 2

Welcome aboard the SS Carver Ben!!! Now that you've made the 'plunge' into the Carver pool it won't take long for the inevitable OCCD to kick in.......enjoy your gear for now, you'll surely be itching to upgrade before too long ;) LOL!!!

• Thank You 1

Welcome aboard, Ben! Sorry to be late to the party, but I just got back from vacation. I am in total agreement with Brian (B-Man) - there are some great techs HERE, but most of us do have "Day jobs", and we do this as a hobby. If you have a little bit of patience, we can really inprove some of your vintage Carver gear.
I am a home theater buff myself, and like you, I take pride in the ambiance of my HT, as well as the performance:-)
Nicely done!!

Thank you Daddyjt,

I'm definitely looking to mod my C-1 when it arrives. No worries with the time because good things come to those who wait.

We like all kinds of beer & gear here, Ben, although OCCD may steal away from the beer budget. I like the CT-Seven just fine,quite a bit actually,  it's an original owner purchase. Couldn't pass up a C-3 at a going out of business sale. Recently a C1BillD came by way of GeneC's closet sale. I think of mods/upgrades as investments in future longevity & health, both of the system and the listener. Enjoy the music!

Hey there dcl, sorry I missed your post. I agree beer is good. Just another step along my never ending "upgraditus" trail. 
  • Loco

Welcome aboard the SS Carver Ben!!! Now that you've made the 'plunge' into the Carver pool it won't take long for the inevitable OCCD to kick in.......enjoy your gear for now, you'll surely be itching to upgrade before too long ;) LOL!!!

Thanks 00cbirdw,

I've been scratching that itch for years but it never goes away.

Welcome Ben,

When I joined this family I had a stock C-1 sitting in the basement boxed up. With the encouragement of the great people here I dove into it by starting with the BillD mods and just kept going from there. The C-1 is a fantastic preamp when the mods are applied to it. Some day I may ask Brian or Dennis to do the remote volume mod if I decide not to attempt it myself. 

Since that time I've added an M1.5t, C-9 and TX1-11. I'm loving the system.

The people here are awesome and you will find that you made the right choice by joining us in the Carver fun. 

Paul 

Awesome looking system(s) and HT room. And congrats on the vinyl....it makes me all giddy whenever I come across someone I haven't met before that has a turntable (or  two!) eusa_angel.gif
 What kind of music are you in to?
 Welcome along..

Thank you dazed_and_confused,

I like vinyl for some of the reasons I like laserdisc, cover art, nostalgia, getting up and turning it over... Big Grin I like everything from Bach to Metalica but my main runners are generally 70s to 80s jazz fusion.

Welcome from another fairly new guy! I love it here, the people are awesome and there's more knowledge here then I'll ever be able to take advantage of. Hope to see ya around!

Thanks Mrbowtie, from what I've seen so far I whole heartily agree with your statement.  Thumb up

Welcome Ben,

When I joined this family I had a stock C-1 sitting in the basement boxed up. With the encouragement of the great people here I dove into it by starting with the BillD mods and just kept going from there. The C-1 is a fantastic preamp when the mods are applied to it. Some day I may ask Brian or Dennis to do the remote volume mod if I decide not to attempt it myself. 

Since that time I've added an M1.5t, C-9 and TX1-11. I'm loving the system.

The people here are awesome and you will find that you made the right choice by joining us in the Carver fun. 

Paul 

Thank you Paul
I believe you are quite correct.